Computer Tomography Technician
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: March 11, 2023
$8000 Sign-On Bonus eligible position!
Under indirect supervision, provides patient services using imaging
modalities. Performs a variety of Computed Tomography procedures on
patients of all age categories. Evaluates images for technical
quality. Exercises professional attitude and judgment in the
performance of duties. Provides patient care essential to Computed
Tomography procedures. Recognizes patient conditions requiring
immediate action and initiates life support measures.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local
- Is responsive to the needs of others by maintaining a
professional behavior toward members and coworkers
- Identifies the impact of cultural diversity and lifestyle
choices on patient condition and makes accommodations for such
- Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical,
emotional and chronological maturation process in delivery of
services to patients of the age group served.
- Exercises clinical judgment that conforms to established
- Documents clinical activities in a timely, comprehensive and
- Observes all organizational, regional, medical service area and
Diagnostic Imaging department policies and procedures.
- Maintains standards of professional behavior established to
enhance quality of service. Utilizes effective communication
- Demonstrates professional behavior/ conduct in all interactions
with patients and staff.
- Meets productivity norms achieved by peers within the
- Maintains equipment, supplies and work area in accordance with
- Essential Clinical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Explains procedure to the patient, verifies patient history and
confirms appropriateness of ordered exam/procedure
- Selects appropriate software for the exam, utilizing a variety
of software programs; based on imaging principles, area of interest
to be demonstrated and patient conditions, enters data such as type
of scan requested, slice thickness, scan time and other technical
factors into computer.
- Positions and immobilizes patient in order to obtain diagnostic
image(s) of area of interest; may administer contrast media orally
or assist radiologist in intravenous administration.
- Recognizes adverse reactions or changes in patient condition
and reacts appropriately Observes all standards for radiation
safety/protection in order to minimize dose
- Utilizes scanning techniques, selects best plane, acquisition
method (e.g.,spiral, dynamic, multi-row detector), parameters
(e.g.,slice thickness, mA, time, algorithm, pitch) to best
demonstrate anatomy and pathology in studies such as those
performed for the head, neck, chest, abdomen, pelvis and
- Modifies protocols as indicated by presence of pathology or
- May perform special procedures such as-but not limited to-3-D
studies, biopsies, drainage and aspiration, post myelography, CT
arthrography, CT angiography, cardiac gating and interventional CT
- Evaluates images on video display screen for diagnostic quality
and presence of artifacts;evaluates videotapes and computer
generated information for technical quality; takes corrective
action as indicated to ensure image quality
- Photographs/films images/scans utilizing appropriate
window/level settings and formats; archives images and data.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as a CT technologist within
the past two (2) years or two (2) years' experience as a staff
technologist with successful completion of the department CT
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have
this experience requirement waived.
License, Certification, Registration
- CRT ARRT CPR (BLS-C) AHA approved course) (must be obtained
during the probationary period).
- Minimum two (2) years of clinical experience as a Computed
Tomography Technologist, preferably in an acute care medical center
Experience with GE CT scanners Additional training in the use and
practices of Computed Tomography Certificate of advanced
qualification: ARRT CT Experience with 3D post processing
Experience with PACS
- Must be willing to rotate to all current and future Radiology
locations to help the San Diego service area
Job Category: Imaging & Radiology
Keywords: Kaiser, San Marcos , Computer Tomography Technician, Professions , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...