Molding Setup Technician (3rd Shift)
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: January 26, 2023
About This Role:
The Molding Setup Technician installs and removes complex plastic
injection molds from injection molding machines using various tools
in a safe and efficient manner.
Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values
of Customer Satisfaction, Innovation, Family, and Social
Essential Job Functions/Tasks:
- Understands and follows special instructions and specifications
to properly install molds. Assesses and connects various pieces of
ancillary equipment to the mold as per specification.
- Ensures the correct raw material is supplied to the molding
equipment, and that proper material drying specifications are being
- Creates well-written maintenance and tooling work orders for
repairs to all auxiliary equipment, molds, and molding machines.
Updates and completes all other necessary documentation reports and
- Performs removal and installation of complex plastic injection
molds from injection molding machines using cranes, and various
other tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs in-machine preventative maintenance on molds,
including cleaning and greasing according to protocol. Properly
performs shop shutdowns and startups.
- Participates in training programs and lean manufacturing SMED
setup time-reduction activities.
Education/Training Required and Preferred:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience Required and Preferred:
- Minimum two years of experience performing mold setups or
similar work using tools and machinery related to plastic injection
What You Bring:
- Understanding of machines and tools, including their uses and
maintenance. Ability to either control mechanisms or direct
physical activity to operate machines or processes.
- Ability to calculate ratios, unit of measure conversions and
surface area dimensions for machine tonnage settings.
- Ability to conduct tests and inspections of products, services,
or processes to evaluate quality and performance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and
the ability to comprehend complex work instructions.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving and
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with
- Ability to work within a team environment and demonstrate
- Ability to work under limited supervision, to self-initiate
activities and to work within time limits.
- Proficiency in the use of computers with ability to perform
data entry, view electronic procedures and analyze data stored in
various types of databases.
- Proficiency using shop monitoring systems for proper assignment
of various codes, mold cavitation, etc.
What We Offer:
- Amazing corporate culture - we walk the walk when it comes to
- Beautiful 20 acre park like campus with creek and walking
- On site wellness center with personal training, fitness classes
- FUN company events!
- Annual performance reviews and profit sharing bonus
Follow us on LinkedIn, check out our rave reviews on Glassdoor, and
learn more about our company culture on our career
Hunter is a global leader in the irrigation, outdoor lighting,
dispensing technology, and custom manufacturing industries. Driving
our continued success is the combined energy and talents of the
nearly 3,000 people on our team. Together, we create a diverse
array of products that can be seen all over the world, from
residential landscapes to national landmarks, stadiums, parks,
hotels, and municipal buildings.
Hunter Industries and its Family of Companies is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry,
color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, military
and veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sexual
orientation, or any other applicable legally protected status or
The hourly rate for this opportunity ranges from $30.48-$39.03 plus
a 15% shift differential.
The Company complies with all federal/local/state regulations in
regard to pay. The above represents the expected hourly range for
this job requisition. Compensation offered to the successful
candidate will be determined by qualifications, prior experience,
other job-related factors, and geographic location.
Keywords: Hunter, San Marcos , Molding Setup Technician (3rd Shift), Professions , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!