Automation Maintenance Technician Specialist
Company: Hunter Industries, Inc.
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: November 22, 2022
About This Role:
The Automation Maintenance Technician Specialist performs root
cause analysis of equipment, part, and process issues to recommend
and implement solutions. S/he improves equipment reliability and
machine performance by implementing effective preventive
maintenance procedures and performing systems upgrades.
Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values
of Customer Satisfaction, Innovation, Family, and Social
* Leads efforts in resolving manufacturing floor issues related to
equipment readiness, part quality, and process compatibility to
meet production goals.
* Implements effective preventive maintenance procedures and
improves machine performance. Redesigns and produces new parts and
replace outdated components. Edits PLC program and servo, robotic,
and motor control parameters.
* Coordinates with other departments for evaluation and
implementation of new machinery purchases and installations,
special projects, and process and machinery improvements.
Prioritizes maintenance work activities consistent with production
* Performs advance troubleshooting, repair, and preventive
maintenance on molding and assembly machines and related equipment.
Implements systems upgrade utilizing advanced technology.
* Trains Automation Maintenance Technicians in all areas of
equipment repair and maintenance. Provides feedback on their
technical abilities and performance.
* Seeks to improve own skill level by participating in a training
program and attending technical seminars.
* Generates and implements equipment maintenance procedures.
* Evaluates needs and generates part requisitions to ensure
replacement parts are stocked in inventory.
* May be required to work overtime and/or varying hours, as
Education/Training Required and Preferred:
* High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience Required and Preferred:
* 7+ years of experience in automation maintenance or related
What You Bring:
* Excellent mechanical skills with knowledge of pneumatic,
hydraulic, electronic, and electrical theory.
* Strong proficiency in the use of power and hand tools, and
precision measuring instruments.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
* Excellent computer knowledge, including strong proficiency in
Microsoft Office programs.
* Ability to read ladder logic and PLC ladder diagrams and to
upload/download PLC programs.
* Ability to interpret engineering drawings, schematics, and
associated engineering documentation.
* Ability to purchase own handtools and some electrical
troubleshooting devices, if necessary.
* Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to work with
members across the organization and to train and mentor other team
What We Offer:
* Amazing corporate culture - we walk the walk when it comes to our
* Beautiful 20 acre park like campus with creek and walking
* On site wellness center with personal training, fitness classes
* FUN company events!
* Annual performance reviews and profit sharing bonus
Follow us on LinkedIn, check out our rave reviews on Glassdoor, and
learn more about our company culture on our career site:
Hunter is a global leader in the irrigation, outdoor lighting,
dispensing technology, and custom manufacturing industries. Driving
our continued success is the combined energy and talents of the
nearly 3,000 people on our team. Together, we create a diverse
array of products that can be seen all over the world, from
residential landscapes to national landmarks, stadiums, parks,
hotels, and municipal buildings. Although we're global, we're
family owned, and our casual, fun, and caring company culture is
what makes this a special place to work.
Hunter Industries and its Family of Companies is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry,
color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, military
and veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sexual
orientation, or any other applicable legally protected status or
Keywords: Hunter Industries, Inc., San Marcos , Automation Maintenance Technician Specialist, Professions , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!