Shipping and Receiving Specialist
Company: Hunter Industries, Inc.
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: November 21, 2022
We are a global leader in the irrigation, outdoor lighting,
dispensing technology, and custom manufacturing industries. Driving
our continued success is the combined energy and talents of the
nearly 3,000 people on our team. Together, we create a diverse
array of products that can be seen all over the world, from
residential landscapes to national landmarks, stadiums, parks,
hotels, and municipal buildings. Although we're global, we're
family owned, and our casual, fun, and caring company culture is
what makes this a special place to work. As we grow, we are
dedicated to preserving our unique culture that makes our employees
proud to work here. Whether you're pursuing a career at our
headquarters in Southern California, or an opportunity at one of
our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, or something
somewhere in between, we look forward to welcoming you to Hunter
Industries and our Family of Companies.
Division: Global Manufacturing Operations
About This Role:
The Shipping and Receiving Specialist performs and oversees a
variety of shipping tasks for a specific area within the
Distribution Center. S/he is the go-to person for the Shipping and
Receiving Clerks in the DC floor.
Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values
of Customer Satisfaction, Innovation, Family, and Social
* Assists the Supervisors by managing the Distribution Center
floor. Oversees a group or area that consists of multiple tasks,
such as but not limited to picking partials and splits, repacking
partials and splits, UPS/FedEx receiving, campus deliveries, pick
international containers, FX cross dock, receiving MX products.
* Ensures all the relevant tasks for your group or area are
completed each day with the support of the Shipping and Receiving
* Provides the Shipping and Receiving Clerks tactical guidance to
keep processes moving along efficiently.
* Communicates short comings and additional resources, or supplies
needed to complete these tasks to Supervisors.
* Knows all the tasks of a Shipping and Receiving Clerk I, II, and
* Follows all Customs - Trade Partnership Against Terrorism
* Conducts daily inspections of forklifts and electric pallet
* Uses Warehouse Management System (WMS) and JD Edwards to assist
in shipping and receiving needs.
* Works with Distribution Center Supervisors to maintain necessary
levels of shipping supplies and to efficiently allocate resources
within the Shipping and Receiving team.
* Assists with training of Shipping and Receiving Clerks I, II and
III, as well as seasonal team members.
* Works with Information Services and Production Maintenance to
help identify and solve equipment and system issues. Works with
Customer Service to provide shipment information and update orders,
* May be required to work overtime when necessary.
Other Job Functions:
* Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may
become essential to the position.
Education/Training Required and Preferred:
* Associate degree.
Experience Required and Preferred:
* Minimum four years of general warehouse or shipping
What You Bring:
* Demonstrated ability to operate electric pallet jacks, stand up
and sit-down forklifts as determined by successful completion of
* Ability to work within a team environment and demonstrate
* Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and
the ability to comprehend work instructions.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with members
across the organization.
* Ability to accurately perform intermediate mathematical and
statistical calculations and use a weight counting scale.
* Basic proficiency with computers, sufficient to properly perform
all warehouse management functions.
* Maintains a valid drive license.
What We Offer:
* Amazing corporate culture - we walk the walk when it comes to our
* Beautiful 20 acre park like campus with creek and walking
* On site wellness center with personal training, fitness classes
* FUN company events!
* Annual performance reviews and profit sharing bonus
* Ability to walk intermittently throughout the shift to move
throughout the work area. Ability to climb stairs to gain access to
upper-level work area.
* Ability to bend and crouch to move boxes to and from warehouse
shelves, pallets, and other storage areas.
* Ability to lift and carry boxes weighing up to 70 pounds.
* Ability to push and pull with the arms and body to use a
hydraulic pallet jack and two-wheeled dolly. Ability to push and
pull with the arms upon levers and push with the feet upon foot
pedals to operate a forklift.
* Ability to climb ladders to gain access to high warehouse
* Manual dexterity and vision sufficient to perform essential job
* Finger dexterity sufficient to use a writing utensil to complete
paperwork activities and to use a computer.
* Warehouse environment with concrete floors and no temperature
controls. Exposure to seasonal climate.
* Wears Personal Protective Equipment when required.
Follow us on LinkedIn, check out our rave reviews on Glassdoor, and
learn more about our company culture on our career site:
Hunter Industries and its Family of Companies is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry,
color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, military
and veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sexual
orientation, or any other applicable legally protected status or
Keywords: Hunter Industries, Inc., San Marcos , Shipping and Receiving Specialist, Professions , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!