Location: San Marcos
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Position Summary:The Health Coach will collaborate with clinic
staff to ensure that all potential patients are provided individual
coaching to improve the maintenance of their chronic conditions.
The Health Coach will work within the guidelines established by the
Be There San Diego grant to record patient progress and
- Provide culturally competent health care outreach, engagement,
individual support, chronic disease self-management education and
- Assist primary care provider during consults with potential new
- Contact clients enrolled in health program on a weekly basis
and provide necessary wellness coaching.
- Print clinicians schedule and identify potential candidates,
contact patient and invite them to participate in the project.
- Report, monitor and track patient vitals including, but not
limited to blood pressure, weight, and blood sugar levels.
- Explore patient understanding of medical conditions; encourage
adoption of habits that are conducive to a higher quality of
- Provide patient information and access to appropriate community
and clinic resources to supplement coaching discussions.
- Explore patient understanding of current medication adherence
and motivations to be adherent to their primary care provider's
- Work with the primary care team to ensure patient is titrated
- Elicit patient knowledge and motivations regarding recommended
lifestyle behaviors (Weight Management, Nutrition, Exercise,
Smoking Cessation, and Stress Management); encourage and empower
patients to develop lifestyle behaviors to improve health
- Set short term and long-term lifestyle goals with patients;
schedule regular meetings and/or phone contacts until goals are met
- Provide continued education to patient, identify and address
barriers, assess knowledge and motivation, develop and revise
- Provide ongoing education and written materials to the patient
including instructions on how to properly take and record blood
pressures to support their efforts at self-monitoring.
- Encourage and empower patients to self-monitor chronic
- Display knowledge of normal signs of human development and
ability to assess and provide age-appropriate care.
- Perform administrative duties as outlined in the grant
including but not limited to, recording patient contact
information, recording patient vitals and running registration
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- One to two years' experience working with a diabetic and
chronically ill population.
- One to two years' experience working with community health
groups and agencies.
- Experience with basic motivational interviewing
- Knowledge of disease prevention (cardiovascular and diabetes)
and basic understanding of exercise principles, nutrition and
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical laboratory
- Pharmacy Technician LicenseComputer proficiency with Microsoft
Office suite products, including Outlook, Word, Excel and
PowerPoint.TrueCare requires employees to be vaccinated as a
condition of employment, subject to accommodation obligations.At
Truecare, we put your health first. Our compassionate team
understands your needs and provides a heartfelt welcome to each and
every person who walks through our doors.Visit truecare.org to
learn more! Health Inside. Come in! Salud Adentro.
Bienvenido!TrueCare is committed to a policy of Equal Employment
Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or
employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability,
veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or
Keywords: TrueCare, San Marcos , -Pharmacy Technician, Professions , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!