HEAVY TRUCK MECHANIC
Company: Hollandia Dairy
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DutiesSkills & Experience: The ideal candidate will have 3-5
years of Journeyman level mechanic experience working on Medium/
Heavy Duty Trucks. We are seeking a mechanic capable of
troubleshooting/repair in the following areas:
- Diesel Engines (International/Cummins)
- Electrical Systems
- Air Brake Systems
- CNG Fuel Systems
- Manual/Automatic Transmissions
- Basic computer skillsQualifications being sought include:
- Ability to perform maintenance and repair of company-owned
trucks, trailers, & equipment.
- General knowledge of auto, truck, trailer, and/or equipment
- General knowledge of refrigeration systems (auto, truck, &
- Ability to perform moderate fabrication and welding.
- Knowledge of DOT/BIT safety inspections.
- Willing to be on-call and work overtime as
- Knowledge of computerized diagnostic tools.
- Auto or truck A.S.E. certification is preferred but not
- A/C Freon recovery and recycling certificate is preferred but
- Class A license with air brakes and no restrictions is
preferred but not required. -Willingness to acquire license within
6-months of job initiation.
- Good customer service and written & verbal communications
- Must have your own set of professional mechanic's tools.
Education & Experience High school diploma or general education
degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical RequirementsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this Job, the employee is continuously required to
stand, talk and hear; frequently required to use hands to finger,
handle or feel, reach with hands or arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl; regularly required to walk, sit, climb or balance;
continuously required to lift/push/pull up to 25 lbs; occasionally
required to lift/push/pull 50 lbs.; specific vision abilities
required by this job include close, distance, color, peripheral,
depth perception and ability to focus. Work EnvironmentWhile
performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently
exposed to outside weather conditions, cold and hot temperatures.
The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and
vibration, fumes or chemicals, and electricity. The noise level in
the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud at times.
Keywords: Hollandia Dairy, San Marcos , HEAVY TRUCK MECHANIC, Professions , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!