Company: Richard and Richard Construction
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: June 20, 2022
-Richard & Richard Construction Co., Inc. is a well-established
fast-growing General Contractor seeking to hire a Chief Estimator
who will be a good fit with the company culture. This individual
should demonstrate proven leadership capabilities, a comprehensive
understanding of all facets of estimating, and possess strong
contract negotiations skills.The Individual must be a seasoned
professional, detail oriented, strategic in approach, competitive
by nature, and who is well versed and comfortable using industry
related technologies and software. - -Chief Estimator
- Conceptual estimating, preliminary estimating, negotiated
estimating, hard bid estimating and RFP's.
- Management, oversight and accountability for the estimating
- Balancing estimating staff workloads and prioritizing resources
to best meet department and company goals.
- Understand current workload and future workloads/resource
requirements in order to target projects.
- Evaluate which new project opportunities to pursue that align
with the company's future growth.
- Involvement during the bid process, provide support/resources
for staff to ensure deadlines are met.
- Establish estimating protocols and refine processes for
consistent estimate preparation and maximized margins.
- Mentor estimating staff by establishing clear expectations and
ensuring consistent procedures.
- Act as the liaison between Design and Estimating for
- Plan review quality control, including management of RFI's /
Addendums / Supplemental Info.
- Perform quantity take-offs to validate subcontractor
- Review estimates to ensure proper coverage.
- Evaluate exposure and risk relative to the spread of
subcontractor proposals and that trade line items have appropriate
- Verify qualifications/exclusions for all proposals to protect
- Review of proposal package prior to submission to Client.
- Perform value engineering and cost analyses to reduce project
- Track award status of projects bid, follow up and maintain
dialog with Client until project award.
- Provide reporting directly to President.
- Cultivate new client relationships.
- Review and understand implications of proposed Client/GC
- Prepare and compile Client/GC contracts.
- Write scopes of work for subcontractor contracts.
- Buyout and contracting of early trades and larger trades.
- Coordination with Project Team for project startup and
procurement of long lead items.
- Schedule and conduct Estimating to Project Management handover
- Update and maintain the historical unit cost data base of
completed projects. -Salary - DOE.
- Benefits: 401k, Medical Insurance, (Dental/Vision optional) and
Keywords: Richard and Richard Construction, San Marcos , Chief Estimator, Professions , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!