Emergency Triage Technician (Swing)
Company: Ethos Veterinary Health LLC
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Veterinary Specialty Hospital (VSH) is looking for a Veterinary
Technician for the Emergency Department.About Veterinary Specialty
Hospital: At VSH our mission is to advance the veterinary
profession through our leadership in medicine, education, business,
and promotion of the human-animal bond. We strive to bring together
caring, warm and intelligent people who love to serve and help and
are among the best in their field. About the Job: As a Veterinary
Triage Technician you will be responsible for:
- Primarily responsible for triaging incoming patients,
maintaining oversight of patients waiting to be seen, determining
wait times, and communicating expectations with pet owners.
- Track the patient status and determine the urgency to be seen.
Delegate cases to DVM on staff by the level of medical
- Communicate with clients calling in for a tech assessment over
- Partnering with DVMs and Technicians in patient assessment,
diagnostics, treatments, and procedures.
- Obtaining and processing laboratory samples such as blood,
urine, free fluid, and fine-needle aspirates.
- Obtain patient vitals
- Utilizing different modalities of radiology imaging for patient
- Executing, monitoring, and recovering assigned sedation and
- Providing outstanding client care in order to maintain a
long-term relationship with clients
- Must have an excellent medical vocabulary, knowledge of
intermediate and advanced emergency/critical care procedures, and
monitoring anesthesia for emergency procedures About You:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in Emergency and
Critical Care. Minimum of 2 years experience in a veterinary
hospital setting required. Recent graduates with an Associates or
Bachelors degree in Veterinary Technology will be considered.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience with anesthetic
monitoring is required
- Proficiency in processing basic laboratory specimens and
working knowledge of radiographic techniques is required
- RVT or VTS preferred
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and
commitment to developing long-term relationships with colleagues,
clients, and the community is required.
- Positive outlook and ability to work well in a collaborative
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required,
and the ability to deliver exceptional client service is
expected.Benefits of Working at VSH:
- Compensation is based on experience and skill level.
- Full-time benefits include, health, dental, vision, disability,
and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee
Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE
allowance.Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability,
national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by
appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of
qualifications, competence, merit, and business need. pm19Powered
Keywords: Ethos Veterinary Health LLC, San Marcos , Emergency Triage Technician (Swing), Professions , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!