Senior Construction Superintendent (VS Project)
Company: National Community Renaissance
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Excellent benefits and compensation package! "Together, we
transform lives and communities!" National Community Renaissance
(CORE) is seeking a Construction Superintendent to join our
Construction team. CORE is one of the nation's largest non-profit
affordable housing developers with over a 25-year track record in
community revitalization. We transform the economic and social
future of communities by building quality, affordable housing
combined with best practice social services to improve the
self-sufficiency of our residents. National Community Renaissance
C.O.R.E. Values: C OMMUNITY - Through our high-quality construction
and social services, we build great communities where our residents
and neighbors can thrive. O PTIMISM - We believe in the ability of
people to strive for better lives, and we help provide them with
the means to achieve their dreams. R ESPECT - We serve our
residents, partners, and employees with utmost respect. E XCELLENCE
- We strive for the highest standards in design, construction,
property management, and customer service. National Community
Renaissance offers a comprehensive benefit package including,
medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan with match, Life Insurance,
LTD, FSA, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time. About the Job:
The Senior Construction Superintendent reports to the VP of
Construction and manages all aspects of construction at the
assigned project site. The Senior Construction Superintendent
carries the same responsibilities as the project superintendent but
will manage our most costly and complicated projects. Primary
responsibilities include working directly with the Construction
Manager and the VP of Construction to derive and define scopes of
work, track the project budget and maintain the project timeline.
RESPONSIBILITIES The Senior Construction Superintendent should have
the following minimal skills and abilities:
- On site, the Superintendent coordinates all subcontractors and
oversees the day-to-day activities of construction, including
scheduling, inspections, quality control, safety, monitoring of
construction budgets, and accountability for all related
- Work closely with Project Management for utilities, permits,
plan checks, and Certificates of Occupancy to obtain all necessary
- Direct subcontractors and subordinates.
- Provide periodic written reporting and scheduling updates.
- Evaluate situations and render decisions on certain issues
without immediate supervision.
- Understand and implement OSHA safety requirements site
- Knowledgeable of SWPPP requirements site wide and mitigate any
impact to the outlying community.
- Maintain a safe and compliant work site daily.
- Relate favorably with others beyond giving and receiving
instructions; perform work activities requiring negotiating,
instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others and
- Effectively influence people on a consistent basis.
- Make generalizations, evaluations or decisions without
- Accept and carry out responsibility for direction, control, and
- Must attend Company sponsored events that relate to the
development of the team, which, from time to time, may include
overnight stays at locations away from the employee's home.
- Minimum ten years of experience managing residential
- Experience working with city and other inspectors on
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project
- Higher education or technical training a plus. PHYSICAL
- Exposure to various types of weather conditions.
- Standing, walking
- Pushing, pulling
- Twisting, carrying
- Working with hands
- Operate computer and office equipment. National Community
Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer. Apply Now with our
quick 3 minute Application! * Fields Are Required What is your full
name? First Name How can we contact you? Email Phone Number Number
Type What is your preferred method of communication?
Keywords: National Community Renaissance, San Marcos , Senior Construction Superintendent (VS Project), Professions , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!