Company: Ethos Veterinary Health
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Veterinary Specialty Hospital (VSH) is looking for a positive
and knowledgeable communicator for a Pharmacy Technician for our
San Marcos location.
At VSH our mission is to advance the veterinary profession through
our leadership in medicine, education, business and promotion of
the human-animal bond. We strive to bring together caring, warm and
intelligent people who love to serve and help and are among the
best in their field.
We are looking for an energetic "people person" to support our
large specialty veterinary hospital to provide ongoing
communication with clients and doctors to support their
Primary duties will include:
- Communicate regularly with in-house prescribers to ensure
unsurpassed care for patients and their human companions.
- Monitor Pharmacy Callback System, respond to clients messages
and/or reach out to medical team accordingly.
- Learn and understand common conditions, treatments and
medications pertaining to discipline(s) in order to respond to
- Consistently monitor the progress of the pet's prescription
status and provide ongoing communication to the client.
- Coordinate interdepartmental communications pertaining to pet
status updates, change in medication plans, associated costs and
relay information to the client.
- Handle, track, and manage controlled substance reporting.
- Assist clinical team with follow-up activities including follow
up calls and post-appointment tasks.
Ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills,
patience and ability to discuss financial obligations with clients
as well as take a proactive approach to their own learning. This
person must possess a keen awareness of their surroundings and have
a hospitable approach at all times. Ease with computer systems and
knowledge of Excel necessary.
Knowledge of medical terminology and basic procedures desired, but
not necessary; will train this aspect for an individual with
excellent communication skills. Will participate in the holiday
Shift Info: 4- 10 hours shifts Wednesday- Saturday 8am-6:30pm
Benefits of Working at VSH:
- Highly competitive and comparable wages based on experience and
- Partnership with Purdue VT program/scholarships
- Competitive Vet Assistant and RVT CE allowance annually
- VetBloom access: Race approved continuing education, training
and curriculum library
- License application and renewal reimbursement for RVT's
- Financial support and onsite mentorship toward pursuit of
- Health and wellness programs including access to League
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- 75% Employee Pet discount
- Full-time benefits include health, dental, vision, disability
and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee
Assistance Program, 3 weeks accrued paid time off, and uniforms
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin,
veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All
employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence,
merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Ethos Veterinary Health, San Marcos , Pharmacy Technician, Professions , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!