Calibration Technician 2
Company: Fluid Components International
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Join the world leader in thermal mass flow meter technology. FCI
began in 1964 by pioneering the development and application of
thermal dispersion flow and level sensing technology. The Company
is the world-recognized leading manufacturer for solving flow and
level measurement applications for industrial process and plant
applications using patented thermal dispersion flow measurement
From off-the-shelf product solutions to custom engineered products
and systems, FCI provides world leading experience and a record of
unequaled innovation to meet or exceed our customer application
demands. Complimenting FCI product leadership is a world class Flow
and Level Calibration Facility in which all calibrations are
performed in liquids or gases utilizing only N.I.S.T. traceable
equipment and instrumentation.
Currently, we are seeking a Calibration Technician 2 for our
Working under close supervision of the Calibration Lab Supervisor,
the incumbent will be responsible for performing calibration of the
Company product line.
Essential Job Functions (primary Duties And Outputs Of
- Set-up test rigs by installing assembled product in various
- Obtain verification from co-worker of correct set-up.
- Set calibration, including manual and automated flow data
- Troubleshoot problems in set-up or data acquisition system,
correct as appropriate.
- Monitor test results during test and verify final results.
- Set-up and run simultaneous test rigs when possible.
- Perform verification of co-worker test rigs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follow safe work practices, participate in safety training as
required, and report any unsafe condition or accident.
- Employees are responsible to understand and support the quality
policy and the appropriate elements of the quality management
system for their areas of work, reduce, eliminate, and prevent
quality deficiencies including escapes.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities
related to product, process, and quality system.
- All employees have the responsibility and authority to identify
quality deficiencies, elevate any concerns for action within or
related to our quality system and processes.
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in
- Maintain effective and constructive working relationships with
others both internally and externally.
Education/Work Experience Requirements
- 2 or more years' experience working in a manufacturing
environment or demonstrated proficiency in advanced mathematics
will be considered in lieu of experience.
- Advanced classes in math, chemistry, electronics or physics
typically obtained at a junior college level is preferred, with
demonstrated proficiency in math.
- Must be able to demonstrate a mechanical aptitude and attention
- Must demonstrate ability to follow verbal and written
directions/work instructions, and produce quality work while
maintaining focus and sense of urgency.
- Must be computer literate and able to demonstrate ability to
use excel as well as ability to perform data input.
- Must be able to use tools such as wrenches and
- Must be able to communicate in English.
This position requires sitting 50% of the time. Standing and
walking are required up to 50% of the time. Manual dexterity
required in skills for typing, using wrenches, screwdrivers, or
other similar tools up to 5% of the time. Must be able to lift 50
Non-Exempt / Full Time
Regular Work Schedule (4/10) Monday - Thursday / 6:00AM to
COVID-19 Schedule: Group B - Wed 12:45pm to 6:45pm and Thurs - Sat
6:00am to 4:30pm
These duties may be modified or changed at any time at the sole
discretion of management either orally or in writing. The above
statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All
personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal
responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
FCI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local
law. If you are qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if
you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our
career center as a result of your disability. To request an
accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative.
FCI is an ITAR required employer and active participant of the DHS
and SSA E-Verify program. Contract requirements for ITAR identify
US citizen or permanent resident card "Green Card" holder in the
absence of ECCN.
COMPANY: FCI is the leading manufacturer of thermal type process
control instrumentation sold throughout the world. In addition to
our home office, we operate three (3) separate facilities across
different continents to bring our brand of expertise and service to
thousands of global customers. FCI is a privately held
As an essential manufacturer, Fluid Components is proud to offer
the following benefits in response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Split group shifts with maximal physical distancing
- Free personal protective equipment (PPE) for all on-site
- Additional health screenings and ongoing safety protocols
aligned with CDC guidelines
- Continuation of three-day weekends for most roles
- Most employees working on-site on Wednesdays work 6 hours and
receive compensation for 10 hours
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Fluid Components International, San Marcos , Calibration Technician 2, Professions , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!