PrEP Health Navigator Wanted in San Marcos!- #3900
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: November 14, 2023
TrueCare 30+ days ago Regular Administration $21.50 To 26.88
Hourly Are you passionate about educating your local community
about sexual health? Do you enjoy interacting and networking with a
goal of providing services to HIV/ STD negative and positive
individuals and their partners? Are you an advocate and friend to
the LGBTQA+ community? Do you want the opportunity to build upon a
growing HIV program?If you answered yes to these questions,
TrueCare would LOVE to meet you!TrueCare was established in 1971
with a mission of bringing affordable, comprehensive, and
high-quality health care services to everyone, regardless of their
ability to pay.Position is based out of Oceanside, CA. Schedule is
Monday-Friday from 8a-5p (occasional Saturdays with advanced
- Ability to work from home 2 days per week.
- 50% working in office, 50% working outside the office and with
the community doing outreach and educational activities.
- A "start-up" environment where new ideas are welcome!Some Key
- Focus services to recruit and offer PrEP and PrEP Navigation to
- Provide PrEP Navigation services to HIV-negative patients
including: appointment making, treatment adherence education, and
follow-up support services.
- Work with program staff and supervisor to plan program
components (i.e. outreach in-person and online, social marketing,
recruitment and clinic based services).
- Collect and enter process and outcome data for services and
prepare monthly accurate narrative and statistical program
- Participate in health resource fairs and community events as
needed, includes maintaining a flexible schedule to allow for some
after-hour/ weekend work as well as emergency coverage of shifts to
meet the needs/ demands of clients and service-related activities
- Support and actively participate in all internal and external
meeting and staff development trainings.
- Other related duties as assigned.Must Haves:
- Bachelor's degree
- Valid CA Class C Driver License
- Clean Driving Record
- Proof of Auto Insurance
- Minimum 3 years' experience as HIV Test Counselor, Partner
Services training, or any other HIV prevention trainingNice to
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Combination of education and years of experience as specified
above. Sensitivity to LGBT-related cultural concerns and the
prevention certifications and training concomitant to HIV disease.
Previous HIV field experience a plus. Experience in group
facilitation and educational instruction.
- Knowledge of prevention strategies and interventions.
Demonstrate ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate in
working with communities of color. Demonstrate respect for
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and its physical, psychological &
emotional effects on individuals and family units.
- Knowledge of health and social issues people with HIV/AIDS.
Exercise tact, objectivity, sensitivity, strategy, and judgment in
dealing with a variety of people with a variety of co-occurring
- Organize, set priorities, and exercise sound independent
judgment within areas of responsibility.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
clients, family members, other professional staff, and the
- Competitive Compensation
- Low-cost health, dental, vision & life insurance
- 3 weeks PTO, 10 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance programEmployment is
contingent upon having an annual COVID-19 vaccination, or use of a
mask from November 1st- March 31st of every year.TrueCare is
committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not
discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race,
color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our goal is to promote
and ensure authentic inclusion, belonging and support for all team
members recruited or employed here.In the spirit of pay
transparency, we are excited to share the base salary range for
this position. If you are hired at TrueCare, your final base salary
(within the pay range), will be determined based on factors such as
education, knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to those
factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider
the internal equity of our current team members when determining
any final offer. Please keep in mind that the range mentioned above
is the full base salary range for the role. Hiring at the maximum
of the range would not be typical in order to allow for future and
continued salary growth. We also offer generous benefits and
retirement plans.TrueCare requires employees to be vaccinated as a
condition of employment, subject to accommodation obligations.Visit
to learn more! Health Inside. Welcome in! Salud Adentro.
Keywords: TrueCare, San Marcos , PrEP Health Navigator Wanted in San Marcos!- #3900, Other , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!