Company: Texas State University
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address
how they meet these required qualifications to meet the
requirements of the position.
- BS in (Aquatic) Biology or related natural resource
- Experience with scuba diving
- Comfortable working for long hours in the field
- Ability to operate large 4WD vehicles
- Ability to carry equipment in the field
- Experience using MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision after training
for the job
- Able to work well as a member of a large research team
- Ability to obtain a Texas boating license within first month of
employment Preferred Qualifications
- Experience sampling in rivers and lakes
- Experience with sampling and identifying unionid freshwater
- Experience with GIS
- Familiar with basic statistical analyses
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Job
Description Primary purpose is to assist with field and lab work
for various ecological studies and sampling of native and invasive
mussels and macroinvertebrates. Will also assist in zebra mussel
monitoring and lab management. Job Duties
- Field and lab work - assisting in various projects as
- Assisting in lab management
- Drafting reports in collaboration with others and presenting
information to funders, scientific audiences, and the public.
- Assist in outreach activities Additional Information to
Applicants Job Open Date 02/16/2023 Job Close Date (posting closes
at midnight) Open Until Filled Yes Normal Work Days Normal Work
Hours Start 8:00AM Normal Work Hours End 5:00PM Posting Notices
Legal and Required Notices Texas State University is an Equal
Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to
inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community.
Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those
who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the
strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the
outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal
history, driving records, education records, employment
verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the
use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas
State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University
System. Texas State University is an EOE .
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and
minorities in administrative and professional positions. Why work @
- Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting
your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas
State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your
- Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many
- Excellent work life balance resources: mother and
family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE
- Great training and development opportunities: choose from a
variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning
resources, certifications, and employee educational support
- An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks
offered on and off-campus
- Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and
voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you'll be a part of one of
the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the
nation. Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Keywords: Texas State University, San Marcos , Grant Specialist, Other , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...