L.V.N. Relief Supervisor: Silvergate San Marcos
Company: AMERICARE HEALTH RETIREMENT INC
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Job DetailsLevelExperiencedJob LocationSilvergate San Marcos -
San Marcos, CAPosition TypePart TimeEducation Level2 Year
DegreeSalary Range$30.00 - $32.00 HourlyTravel PercentageNoneJob
CategoryHealth CareDescriptionL.V.N. Relief Supervisor Hourly pay
range $28.00 - $30.00$1000 SIGN ON BONUS Location: Silvergate San
MarcosType of Employment: Part Time, HourlyReports to: Director of
Resident CareImmediateSilvergate San Marcos Retirement community is
currently seeking a L.V.N. Supervisor. Silvergate San Marcos is
owned and operated by AmeriCare Health & Retirement, Inc. A family
run local San Diego based company, which has developed and managed
the Silvergate Retirement communities for nearly 30 years.JOB
SUMMARYProvides support to the Director of Resident Care and
Assistant Director of Resident Care in overseeing the supervision
and training of Caregivers and MedTechs in the provision of
personal services to residents in Independent, Assisted Living and
Dementia/Alzheimer's disease care.KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluates staffing needs on a continuous basis to ensure that
positions are filled in a timely manner to minimize department
overtime and provide continuous quality service to residents.
- Assesses residents to determine medical problems and/or changes
in condition and ensures proper documentation in charts; also
notifies physicians and family members of condition changes or
- Oversees the monitoring and charting of daily care of
- Reviews physician's orders, lab requests and follows up with
residents as needed.
- Performs finger sticks and insulin injections for diabetic
- Monitors any special dietary requirements of residents and
ensures caregivers are following orders received from
- Maintains supplies, including stocking and ordering new
- Responds to resident and family telephone inquiries.
- Assist with the coordination of medical appointments for
- Proactive in obtaining medical care and treatment for residents
with medical needs, working to minimize emergency 911 calls as much
- Responsible for ensuring caregivers have clear direction for
the direct care that is delivered to the residents.
- Work with various Home Health/Hospice agencies to ensure
residents on Hospice care are kept comfortable and the terms of
their care plan are carried out.
- Exercise proper use of equipment and instructs others to do the
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Promote a positive work environment that emphasizes
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program, with LVN
- Current and valid State of California licensure for Licensed
Vocation Nurse and current CPR certification.
- Must have First Aid & CPR Certification
- Knowledge of State of California requirements set forth in
- Knowledge and understanding of Gerontology, Dementia and
- Enjoy working with senior citizens
- Ability to lead, direct and work well with others
- Previous experience working closely with lead management
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge and ability to oversee medication program.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including ability to
send emails, generate letters and other correspondence, work with
spreadsheets; Also able to use other various office machinery,
including a fax machine and copy machine.
- Knowledge of resident rights and the ability to respond to each
resident with empathy and respect.
- Ability to communicate in English clearly and effectively, both
orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with coworkers, other departments, resident and their
family members, doctors and other outside professionals that
provide service to the residents.
- Ability to respond effectively in an emergency or crisis
situationPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSThis position requires the ability to
bend, squat, stoop, kneel, push, pull, sit and stand on feet for
extended periods of time, as well as the ability to lift and carry
up to 50 pounds.SPECIAL REQUIREMENTSJob offer is contingent on the
- Must pass background check
- Must pass drug test, pre-employment physical and TB test
- Must be fully vaccinated for Covid
Keywords: AMERICARE HEALTH RETIREMENT INC, San Marcos , L.V.N. Relief Supervisor: Silvergate San Marcos, Other , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!