Donation Center Attendant I
Company: Goodwill Industries of San Diego County
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Are you looking for meaningful work and want to make a
difference? - -Do you want -to gain valuable work experience?
Joining the Goodwill team could be a great fit for you! - -At
-Goodwill we live and breathe our Core Values of Creativity,
Credibility, and Collaboration. - -We are a mission-integrated
organization that is funded by resalable goods. Last year alone, we
were able to keep 10 million pounds of donated goods from hitting
our landfills. Through the reselling of donated items, we can
provide job readiness training and employment opportunities to
individuals with disabilities and barriers to employment. -
-POSITION SUMMARY: Accept donations on behalf of Goodwill at our
standalone or storefront donation centers. Provide excellent
customer service to donors. -Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Opens and closes assigned donation center site, as scheduled,
according to department guidelines set forth in the Standalone and
Storefront Donation Center Attendant Training Manual.
- Accepts donations according to guidelines found in the
Standalone and Storefront Donation Attendant Training Manual. This
includes providing excellent customer service to donors by
greeting, assisting with accepting donations, and accurately
completing donation receipts. When necessary, politely refuses and
refers donors to other locations and thanks each donor for every
- Maintains the interior and the exterior of the site in a clean
and organized manner. Sweeps perimeter of donation center site,
stores donations neatly inside trailer, picks up debris and trash
around trailer. If applicable, empties and maintains the
cleanliness of the Unattended Donation Center (UDC) at the
- Accurately completes daily administrative tasks in a timely
manner. To include daily counts of all donors (including donations
from the UDC's), sorting and submitting donation receipts on a
scheduled basis and all daily tally sheets.
- Safeguards all donations and company property from damage and
theft. Treats all donations and company property with respect and
- Communicates the following accurately and in a timely manner to
the appropriate Supervisor or Coordinator; supply needs, unusual or
out of the ordinary situations and any safety concerns. -
- Safely and accurately loads donations into bins and organizes
them inside of the donation trailers. -
- Assists Truck Helpers and Truck Drivers in loading donations
into Goodwill trucks, if needed.
- Communicates daily with Dispatch to inform them of current
product volumes and any transportation/service needs.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned or directed. -
-SKILLS & ABILITIES: -Education: High School Graduate or General
Education Degree (GED) preferred. -Experience: Six months to one
year customer service related experience preferred.
Keywords: Goodwill Industries of San Diego County, San Marcos , Donation Center Attendant I, Other , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!