Company: Fluid Components International
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJoin the world leader in thermal mass flow meter
technology. FCI began in 1964 by pioneering the development and
application of thermal dispersion flow and level sensing
technology. The Company is the world-recognized leading
manufacturer for solving flow and level measurement applications
for industrial process and plant applications using patented
thermal dispersion flow measurement technology. From off-the-shelf
product solutions to custom engineered products and systems, FCI
provides world leading experience and a record of unequalled
innovation to meet or exceed our customer application demands.
Complimenting FCI product leadership is a world class Flow and
Level Calibration Facility in which all calibrations are performed
in liquids or gases utilizing only N.I.S.T. traceable equipment and
instrumentation. Currently, we are seeking a Planner for our
Nuclear Manufacturing Department. Position PurposeUnder minimum
supervision from the Manager of Planning, the incumbent will be
responsible for coordinating, scheduling and modifying the new
and/or complex product line assigned, working within the company's
ERP business system.Essential Job Functions (primary duties and
outputs of position)
- Help maintain production related MRP master data. Manages MRP
actions and job orders.
- Coordinates shop floor planning and production scheduling.
- Analyze and plan material processing, including production,
expediting orders to meet production schedules as needed.
- Review and analyze MRP requirements verses forecast demand.
Release job orders based on evaluation.
- Work with manufacturing to identify manufacturing and materials
issues, identify causes and implement corrective measures.
- Modify complex job BOM's to include QA requirements as
- Interface with configuration management team and cost
accounting to identify and correct discrepancies.
- Interface with engineering, purchasing, sales/customer service
and manufacturing, either verbally or with written documentation
- Creates reliable commit dates for customer orders and maintains
accurate ship date commitments in the system.
- Manage inventory control of manufactured assemblies
- Provide guidance and training to less senior planners.
- Work with planning manager to develop routing steps for
incorporation into BOM structure for new products.
- Red-line blueprints and submit to Engineering as needed.Safety
- Follow safe work practices, participate in safety training as
required, and report any unsafe condition or accident. Quality
- Employees are responsible to understand and support the quality
policy and the appropriate elements of the quality management
system for their areas of work, reduce, eliminate, and prevent
quality deficiencies including escapes.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities
related to product, process, and quality system.
- All employees have the responsibility and authority to identify
quality deficiencies, elevate any concerns for action within or
related to our quality system and processes.Communication
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in
- Maintain effective and constructive working relationships with
others both internally and externally. Education/Work Experience
- Thorough knowledge of MRP systems, Syteline preferred.
- Experience in low volume high mix manufacturing
- Ability to work within specific timelines.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Able to read blueprints, product drawings, and submit redline
- Able to work on multiple projects at one time, is organized and
- Must be able to interact effectively with all levels within the
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.Physical/Travel
RequirementsThis position requires sitting, standing, working for
extended periods of time at a computer,bending, walking, and must
be able to lift/carry up to 25 lbs. These duties may be modified or
changed at any time at the sole discretion of management either
orally or in writing. The above statements are not to be construed
as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of this position. All personnel may be required to perform
duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time,
as needed.FCI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and
gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state, or local law. If you are qualified individual with
a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request
an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to
use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To
request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources
Representative.FCI is an ITAR required employer and active
participant of the DHS and SSA E-Verify program. Contract
requirements for ITAR identify US citizen or permanent resident
card "Green Card" holder in the absence of ECCN.COMPANY: FCI is the
leading manufacturer of thermal type process control
instrumentation sold throughout the world. In addition to our home
office, we operate three (3) separate facilities across different
continents to bring our brand of expertise and service to thousands
of global customers. FCI is a privately held organization.
https://www.fluidcomponents.com/COVID-19:As an essential
manufacturer, Fluid Components is proud to offer the following
benefits in response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Free personal protective equipment (PPE) for all on-site
- Additional health screenings and ongoing safety protocols
aligned with CDC guidelines
- Three-day weekends for most rolesPowered by
Keywords: Fluid Components International, San Marcos , Planner 3, Other , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!