Medical Assistant Instructor - Substitute (Morning, Afternoon & Evening)
Company: Pima Medical Institute
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Instruct and implement the Medical Assistant program to educate
students in accordance with the curriculum standards and
- Implement and evaluate daily lesson plans for students to
include scheduled activities and materials of modules.
- Plan instruction to achieve specific objectives based upon
student need and established curriculum.
- Evaluate the performance of students regarding achievements in
curriculum and activities and make necessary provisions to meet
- Maintain student attendance and grades in accordance with
established policies. Prepare final grades at the end of each
module to update student records and transcripts.
- Arrange and coordinate guest speakers, community service field
trips, and visits to clinics and medical offices.
- Prepare lectures and practical demonstrations for students in
class and individually.
- Assist and advise student with Medical Assistant program
- May assist with the inventory and ordering of supplies and
- May assist and coordinate externships for Medical Assistant
- Monitor students in the classroom. Assist students and ensure
safety precautions are adhered to.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program
recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for
Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), or a graduate of an
otherwise recognized training entity (e.g., hospital-based program)
in Medical Assisting or training from an institution located
outside of the United States and its territories in Medical
- A minimum of four (4) years of job-related training and
experience for those instructors who are not graduates from an
accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Three (3) years occupational (i.e., practical) experience as a
- Current medical assistant registration or certification through
a nationally recognized and accredited certifying agency (CMA or
- If applicable in addition to the above criteria, must have a
current license, certification, or other designation as required by
local, state, or federal laws to work in the Medical Assistant
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and computer
Keywords: Pima Medical Institute, San Marcos , Medical Assistant Instructor - Substitute (Morning, Afternoon & Evening), Other , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!