IT Manager-Platforms u0026 Engineering
Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The IT Manager leads the Platforms & Engineering team to drive
business goals which includes partnering with multiple areas of the
business to reduce downtime, increase productivity, maintain
critical systems/platforms, network infrastructure that includes
but is not limited to hardware, software, databases, cloud
environment, disaster recovery, and network security.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be
- Consistently follow the Welk High Five service standards at all
- Follow all company and department policies and procedures.
- Attend safety meetings, keep the workplace in safe condition,
and work in a safe manner.
- Adhere to attendance policy and report to workstation at
scheduled start time.
- Propose ideas or find ways to improve services, systems, and/or
- Evaluate and direct the organization's overall IT
infrastructure and operations.
- Act as liaison between IT and stakeholders and provide
recommendations within the company.
- Champions and continues adoption of ITIL 4 best practices.
- Maintains the MS Azure platform for all cloud hosted
applications including but not limited to PMS systems, main website
hosting, API integration layer, etc.
- Plan and execute new resort buildouts, construction development
projects, plans around technology infrastructure needs.
- Lead large IT projects, including the design and deployment of
new IT systems and services.
- Ensure change management policies and procedures are
- Lead root cause analysis process for critical IT
- Participate in the development and updates of IT infrastructure
strategy, architecture, and processes.
- Responsible for all datacenter technology stack, Windows Server
2008/16/19, VMWare, Nutanix, Rubrik, etc.
- Manages the acquisition, installation and maintenance of the
organization's local area network hardware/software.
- Manages a team of 7 IT professionals including 2 network
engineers, 2 systems engineers, security engineer, mobility
engineer and a DBA.
- Ensures technology documents/certificates such as product
registrations, SSL certificates, maintenance agreements, service
contracts, etc. related to technology operations and/or technology
services are evaluated, updated and processed.
- Provides technical supervision of technology staff as directed;
annually updates technology job descriptions; completes technology
- Analyzes technology requirements and develops functional
specifications. Conducts comparative analysis and competitive
bidding when necessary.
- Assists staff in understanding and using technology; conducts
regular staff technology presentations and trainings.
- Presents and implements technological alternatives to
streamline functions and improve productivity.
- Develops and maintains technology policies, standards and
procedures manual; develops and maintains related technology
- Responsible for troubleshooting workstations, networks,
software applications, phones, copiers and other technologies.
- Manages technology inventory to include procurement and
- Ensures compliance with all software licensing agreements.
Manages and safeguards software media and associated licenses.
Tracks software versions.
- Ensures networks, workstations, operating systems and software
applications are operational; ensures hardware and software is
patched and/or updated; ensures all analog and broadband circuits
are operational in accordance with vendor specifications.
- Coach team members by creating development opportunities and
providing regular feedback
- Prepares, maintains and tests a technology disaster recovery
- Assists in other duties as needed and directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
following this paragraph are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Under limited supervision, manages a multi-site UNIX, Microsoft,
TCP/IP, computer network or group of networks, typically consisting
of approximately six hundred or more workstations; performs a
variety of maintenance, evaluation, installation, and training
tasks to enable users to maximize productivity. Plans and develops
network resources; evaluates and/or recommends hardware and
software purchases related to network, network security, and
Will supervise IT staff throughout corporation.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university;
major in computer science preferred. Minimum of three years
experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities
specified. Experience with a multi-location company is preferred.
Five years hospitality or resort information technology experience
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the
organization. Excellent communication skills required. Must be able
to speak, understand, read and write English. Must have excellent
English grammar skills, including punctuation, spelling, style,
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Develops alternative solutions
- Uses reason, even when dealing with emotional topics
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses
- Displays critical/creative thinking
- Possess necessary expertise to accomplish all tasks
- Seeks self improvement
- Learns new skills to improve job performance
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel;
and talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to walk and
reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required
to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The
associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those the associate encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, San Marcos , IT Manager-Platforms u0026 Engineering, Other , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!