Location: San Marcos
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Job Location: San Marcos - San Marcos, CA
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: None
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Scientist
By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future
cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides
tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical
The responsibilities of this position will participate in the
product development of Diagnostic immunoassays across a range of
assay platforms, including small molecules. This candidate will
lead development projects, including the optimization of
components, develop manufacturing procedures, and perform necessary
troubleshooting. This position will work on problems of advanced to
complex scope from new development to supporting existing products.
Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations
or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Develop and validate Calibrators, Controls and complete
- Preferred to have experience developing assays to small
- Perform data reduction.
- Keep accurate notebooks and records of experiments, write
reports and SOPs.
- Perform stability studies.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the
Handbook and follows guidelines regarding safety as outlined in the
AWAIR, Chemical Hygiene and Exposure Control manuals in accordance
to the job.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor's or a Master's
degree in Chemistry, Biology, or equivalent with a minimum of 10
years of experience with a Bachelor's or 5 to 8 years with a
Master's, or 2-5 years with a PhD.
- Must have demonstrated working knowledge of scientific
principles, be highly motivated, able to work independently and
- Must also have strong trouble-shooting skills, attention to
detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel are
- Computer entry and/or typing skills are desirable.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask,
and have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must transition quickly to new projects when the workflow
fluctuates between groups and projects.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and demonstrate initiative
Keywords: Bio-Techne, San Marcos , Scientist, Other , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!