Sr Staff Accountant
Company: Welk Resort Group
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: June 1, 2021
By adhering to Welk Resort's High Five service standards, the
Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for ensuring the
integrity of accounting information and standards. The Senior Staff
Accountant will play a significant role assisting in facilitation
of the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes. The Senior
Staff Accountant will assist the Controller and Accounting Manager
with the implementation of short-and long-term team and
departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures
for efficiency improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be
- Consistently follow the Welk High Five service standards at all
- Follow all company and department policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle various deadlines and projects.
- Propose ideas or find ways to improve services, systems, and/or
- Assist the Controller and Accounting Manager with the
month-end, quarter and year-end closings including preparation of
monthly journal entries and reconciling general ledger
- Prepare assigned journal entries in accordance with U.S. GAAP
and accounting department policies and procedures.
- Calculate and apply complex estimates
- Prepare timely and accurate reconciliations of assigned general
- Maintain appropriate third party support for journal entries
and general ledger reconciliations in compliance with accounting
- Analyze financial statement information and independently
explain and resolve variances
- Prepare financial schedules for departmental, operations
meetings and annual audit.
- Update job knowledge by participating in education and training
- Perform accounting guidance research
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial
- Ensure financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Identify any processes for improvement and help to develop and
implement changes when necessary.
- Ensure procedures are in accordance with GAAP
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with
company's policies and procedures.
- Special projects and/or assignments as requested by Director of
Accounting, Controller, or Accounting Manager. To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements following this paragraph are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- +5 years of experience in Financial Accounting and
- Strong Knowledge of U.S. GAAP fundamentals.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field is
- Progression toward CPA License preferred.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment,
and to make well-reasoned and timely decisions.
- Ability to identify procedural and internal control deficiency
and provide suggestions for improvements.
- Aggressive personality who takes initiative.
- Ability to operate Excel at an advanced experience level (V
look up, pivot tables).
- Experience in timeshare accounting a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and concern for accuracy.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Strong time management, analytical, and organizational
- Proficiency in the following programs: MS Word, PowerPoint, MS
Excel, Outlook, EPICOR, Doc-Link, Timeshareware a plus.
Language Skills: Ability to apply common sense to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
standardized situations. Ability to make decisions that are in the
best interest of the company. Ability to establish and maintain
effective working relationships with management, co-workers,
auditors and others.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
- Speak clearly, confidently, and persuasively to individuals and
groups. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Excellent communication skills required. Must be able to speak,
understand, read and write English. Must have excellent English
grammar skills; including punctuation, spelling, style, etc.
Keywords: Welk Resort Group, San Marcos , Sr Staff Accountant, Other , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!