Irrigation Maintenance Technician
Company: Pacific Western Corp
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: May 31, 2021
An established property management and development company in
San Diego is urgently looking to hire a Landscape Irrigation
Maintenance Technician to maintain our apartment communities;
particularly in large common grounds, pool areas, golf course &
recreational grounds. This is often a one person show, so we need
someone who can assess, make recommendations, solve problems, and
who is also willing to get dirty. This position may require some
overtime and does require travel throughout San Diego County.
DUTIES: A typical day would include, but not be limited to the
Assess Irrigation & Landscape problems, recommending solutions
and create repair plan and parts list.
- Perform physical labor.
- May request additional labor and provide supervision and
support to laborers, as needed.
- Lawn, shrub and grounds care.
- Apply fertilizers as needed.
- Main line installation and repair, as needed.
- Valve repair / replacement, as needed.
- Timer installation and maintenance.
- Backflow issues.
- Order parts.
- Frequent communication with Management.
REQUIREMENTS: Must have irrigation experience and expertise in
the following areas:
1 year or more in design, product selection and hands on
installation of irrigation systems.
- 3 years or more experience in maintaining existing irrigation
- 1 year or more main line experience install and
- 1 year or more valve repair/replacement experience.
- Experience in commercial, golf course, parks or apartment
communities is strongly preferred.
- Must be responsible, dependable and manage time well.
- Knowledge of back flow and/or reclaimed water is strongly
preferred but not required.
- Education / Certifications in any of the following are desired
but not required: pesticides, herbicides, horticulture, turf
- Must be able to understand and speak English, with basic
English reading & writing skills.
- Must have reliable transportation, basic tools, valid drivers
license and insurance is required.
- Must have verifiable work history and references.
- You must be able to clear a criminal background check and a
COMPENSATION Competitive hourly rate (DOE)
mileage benefits after eligibility period
Keywords: Pacific Western Corp, San Marcos , Irrigation Maintenance Technician, Other , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!