Job Opportunities at Texas State University Posting/Functional
Title Assistant Director, University Marketing
University Pay Plan Title Asst Dir, Univ Marketing
Location San Marcos
Department Office of University Marketing
Recruitment Type Open to All
Job Type Full-Time
Monthly Salary $4,721 - $5,416
Job Category Exempt
Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address
how they meet these required qualifications to meet the
requirements of the position.
• Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in education and
• Hands-on experience with SEO / SEM , Google Analytics and CRM
• Demonstrable experience in designing and implementing
successful digital marketing campaigns.
• Proven ability to develop digital marketing strategies from
data, analytics, research and trends.
• Proven ability to work autonomously and efficiently with
• Strong knowledge of online marketing tools, digital marketing
channels and best practices.
• Strong team management and communication (written and verbal)
• Two or more years of management experience
• Ability to learn new platforms and teach others.
• Professional experience with higher education issues and
• Highly organized, self-motivated, attentive to detail, and
• Confidence to exercise discretion while working independently,
as well as the commitment to working as part of a team.
• Experience working in Wrike project management software and a
The Assistant Director, Digital is responsible for overseeing
the web, content strategy, social media and digital advertising
activities that support the institution’s marketing objectives and
contributing to the development, implementation and assessment of
strategic marketing plans.
• Responsible for developing, implementing and managing the
University’s digital marketing strategy.
• Provides supervision and direction to web, digital
advertising, content planning, and social media focused
• Contribute to the development of the University digital
• Oversees content strategy for the University’s most visible
properties — the homepage and main university social media
• Track SEO and Google Analytics data and make analysis to
manage and improve content.
• Research industry best practices, investigate benchmarks and
provide suggestions for improvement.
• Collaborates with the traffic manager to manage and assign
digital team requests and projects.
• As a member of the management team, participates in
department-wide operations and management decision-making.
• Serve as lead in partnerships with other departments on campus
in digital-related initiatives.
• Support crisis communications as directed.
Additional Information to Applicants
Job Open Date 07/27/2020
Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight)
Open Until Filled Yes
Normal Work Days
Normal Work Hours Start 8:00AM
Normal Work Hours End 5:00PM
Posting Notices YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A
RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION.
Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive
thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals
from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share
our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our
diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the
outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal
history, driving records, education records, employment
verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the
use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas
State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University
System. Texas State University is an EOE .
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and
minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting
your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas
State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and
family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE
• Great professional development opportunities: choose from a
variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access
educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks
offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and
voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one
of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).