Project Manager (Non-Technical)
Company: Core & Main
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job SummaryResponsible for overseeing one or more smaller or
intermediate sized projects. Assemble project teams, assign
individual responsibilities, develop project schedules and is
responsible for determining and acquiring resources needed.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Reviews project business case to ensure accurate costs and
internal labor are identified. Ensures approval of business case
and presents to governing body.
- Defines integration needs with other projects, systems and
- Provides regular status information to all project
stakeholders. Interfaces with Upper Management on project status
and related issues.
- Reviews plans and schedules of other participating functions
for compliance with the master schedule; resolves scheduling and
- Participates in or leads daily, weekly or monthly meetings.
Reviews to track and report project status, identifying deviations
or adverse trends.
- Coordinates project team from inception through completion.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving
missing/incomplete information, inconsistencies/anomalies in more
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives
guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues. Work review
typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor and/or
direct "customers" of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level
support personnel or professional personnel.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 2-5
years of experience in related field; certification is required in
some areas OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in
related field. Certification is required in some areas.
- Formal project management training and/or PMI Certification
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
About Core & MainBased in St. Louis, Core & Main is a leading
distributor of water, sewer, storm drain and fire protection
products in the United States. Operating approximately 275 branches
nationwide, the company combines local expertise with a national
supply chain to provide contractors and municipalities innovative
solutions for new construction and aging infrastructure. Core &
Main's 3,500 plus associates are committed to the safe distribution
of water and fire protection to help communities thrive. Visit
www.coreandmain.com to learn more.
Core & Main is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment
at Core & Main is based solely on a person's merit and
qualifications directly related to professional competence. Core &
Main does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the
basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin,
nationality, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy
or related condition (including breastfeeding), affectional or
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status,
status with regard to public assistance, citizenship, or any other
basis protected by law.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit
information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any
limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon
non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
For more information, please click here or visit
Keywords: Core & Main, San Marcos , Project Manager (Non-Technical), IT / Software / Systems , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!