Field Service Supervisor
Company: Fluid Components International
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: February 13, 2021
Join the world leader in thermal mass flow meter technology. FCI
began in 1964 by pioneering the development and application of
thermal dispersion flow and level sensing technology. The Company
is the world-recognized leading manufacturer for solving flow and
level measurement applications for industrial process and plant
applications using patented thermal dispersion flow measurement
From off-the-shelf product solutions to custom engineered products
and systems, FCI provides world leading experience and a record of
unequaled innovation to meet or exceed our customer application
demands. Complimenting FCI product leadership is a world class Flow
and Level Calibration Facility in which all calibrations are
performed in liquids or gases utilizing only N.I.S.T. traceable
equipment and instrumentation.
Currently, we are seeking a Field Service Supervisor for our Field
Under general direction of the Manager of Field Service Repair this
position supervises the field service staff and ensures technical
support, field troubleshooting/repair, system integration,
configuration, and instrument installations are completed
correctly, timely and within customers' requirements. Also drives
product improvement processes.
Essential Job Functions (primary Duties And Outputs Of
- Act as the product knowledge expert for both customers and
field service staff.
- Serve as an information liaison between customers, field
service, sales organization, engineering, and manufacturing
regarding product performance/failure in the field.
- Compile performance data from field service technicians;
analyze data using SPC and other root cause analysis
- Prepare reports and provide regular monthly reporting of
trends, including identifying critical product-performance focus
- Present technical information during Product Knowledge
- Coordinate training for customers and Field Service Technicians
regarding the installation, service, configuration, integration,
and preservation of company equipment.
- Interface with engineering personnel to resolve equipment
problems, provide design input and establish new tools/enhancements
necessary to make installation and service of the equipment more
efficient on new and current designs.
- Follow safe work practices, participate in safety training as
required, and report any unsafe condition or accident.
- Employees are responsible to understand and support the quality
policy and the appropriate elements of the quality management
system for their areas of work, reduce, eliminate, and prevent
quality deficiencies including escapes.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities
related to product, process, and quality system.
- All employees have the responsibility and authority to identify
quality deficiencies, elevate any concerns for action within or
related to our quality system and processes.
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in
- Maintain effective and constructive working relationships with
others both internally and externally.
Education/Work Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical or
Software Engineering or Engineering Technology or equivalent work
- Thorough knowledge of process control instrumentation and
automation engineering, including manufacture and
- Minimum 3 years working in a Field Service Engineering capacity
in a process control area (WWTP, gas, oil, etc.)
- Strong technical problem solving skills, both in visual and
non-visual settings. Able to conceptualize problems as identified
by field service staff and customers.
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings,
blueprints, schematics, and installation drawings.
- Strong working knowledge of SPC and other root cause analysis
- Minimum 3 years' hands-on experience with instrumentation and
control hardware and software with a combination of any (2) digital
bus communications protocols, i.e., HART, Profibus, Modbus,
- Knowledge of Field Service Repair modules located within ERP
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and systems including MS
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Possess a valid driver's license and maintain car
- Must be able to travel to field locations and interface with
customer technical and managerial staff.
- Must be able to sit for extensive periods of time in the
- Must be able to stand, bend, kneel, walk, and climb while at
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time. Some
international travel may be required
These duties may be modified or changed at any time at the sole
discretion of management either orally or in writing. The above
statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All
personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal
responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
FCI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local
law. If you are qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if
you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our
career center as a result of your disability. To request an
accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative.
FCI is an ITAR required employer and active participant of the DHS
and SSA E-Verify program. Contract requirements for ITAR identify
US citizen or permanent resident card "Green Card" holder in the
absence of ECCN.
COMPANY: FCI is the leading manufacturer of thermal type process
control instrumentation sold throughout the world. In addition to
our home office, we operate three (3) separate facilities across
different continents to bring our brand of expertise and service to
thousands of global customers. FCI is a privately held
As an essential manufacturer, Fluid Components is proud to offer
the following benefits in response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Split group shifts with maximal physical distancing
- Free personal protective equipment (PPE) for all on-site
- Additional health screenings and ongoing safety protocols
aligned with CDC guidelines
- Continuation of three-day weekends for most roles
- Most employees working on-site on Wednesdays work 6 hours and
receive compensation for 10 hours
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Fluid Components International, San Marcos , Field Service Supervisor, IT / Software / Systems , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!