Recruitment Advisor-Gamma Chi (Texas State-San Marcos
Company: Gamma Phi Beta
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: April 3, 2021
DescriptionApplication Deadline: March 2, 2021
A recruitment advisor advises an assigned collegiate chapter in
planning and executing activities that result in new members
joining Gamma Phi Beta and assists in actively identifying,
planning for and achieving the long-term, overall membership goals
of the Sorority. She uses her experience, leadership and coaching
skills to help collegiate officers in the membership department
develop as sisters and leaders.
- Mentor and coach Membership department officers by leading
educational conversations that prepare them to embrace the roles
and responsibilities of leadership and develop Gamma Phi Beta's
- Encourage and reinforce chapter, Membership department and
officer success on a consistent basis by reading monthly officer
reports and following up to determine best solutions and praise
- Review primary recruitment plans and advise the membership vice
president(MVP)on modifying and implementing plans as necessary in
accordance with Gamma Phi Beta's Policies and Procedures, National
Panhellenic Conference (NPC) policies and procedures and College
Panhellenic recruitment rules.
- Work with the MVP and her committee(s) to plan recruitment
school activities and develop and facilitate recruitment workshops
that build sisterhood and prepare the chapter for recruitment
conversation, logistics, membership selection, etc.
- Assist the MVP in creating and implementing a year-round
continuous open bidding (COB) plan to ensure the chapter is always
recruiting to Panhellenic Total.
- Support the chapter in membership selection activities by
ensuring they are following all Gamma Phi Beta policies and
procedures which includes, but is not limited to, voting,
membership requirements, RFM recommendations, Legacy Policy,
membership committee, etc.
- Evaluate assigned chapter's recruitment performance using the
RFM report, new member survey and initiated member survey, among
other data sources and work with the MVP to make future
recommendations that address areas of concern.
- Serve as a resource to the MVP and membership department and
recruitment committee officers through ongoing communication and
meet regularly with the MVP to build a relationship, establish
expectations, review progress on goals and hold her accountable to
- Hold the MVP and her department accountable to setting and
working toward goals that promote improved chapter operations or
culture and completing the Membership department expectations as
outlined in Order of the Crescent.
- Engage in ongoing training and development, review the
Membership department officer and advisor resources and attend
Membership department officer and advisor training.
- Serve as an active member of the chapter's advisory board and
represent the membership interests of the chapter to the advisory
- Collaborate with assigned recruitment supervisor to ensure
healthy chapter recruitment operations and address
recruitment-specific challenges as they arise.
- This role requires 10-15 hours per week, on average.
- Travel: Volunteers in this role will be expected to travel up
to ten days per year.
- Complete all Fidelity volunteer online lessons and other
- Conduct training conversations with chapter advisor within six
weeks of appointment.
- Learn and utilize Beta Base (chapter reporting system) and
OmegaRecruit (membership selection platform) for assigned
- Attend all advisory board meetings, retreats and calls.
- Attend membership department meetings and chapter recruitment
activities, and, as requested by the chapter advisor, chapter
business meetings, executive council meetings, executive council
hearings, affiliated house corporation (AHC) meetings, Nominating
Committee meetings and chapter officer retreats.
- Respond to all communication within 48 hours.
- Pay annualinternational alumnae dues or be aLife Loyal member.
To check if you are in good standing, login atGammaPhiBeta.org >
Member > My Profile. On the first tab, if your paid through date
is blank or if the date is in the past, you have not yet paid this
fiscal year. If you are Life Loyal, you have paid for life and are
in good standing!
Preferred Competencies and Experiences
- Self-awareness of strengths, challenges and motivation for
- Effective, clear and timely written and verbal
- Desire to mentor and coach collegiate women
- Ability to think strategically about issues to propose a
- Knowledge of Gamma Phi Beta and National Panhellenic Conference
recruitment policies, procedures and plans
- Ability to lead educational conversations with collegians that
promote competency development in Gamma Phi Beta's member
competencies You have been redirected to a Gamma Phi Beta job
Keywords: Gamma Phi Beta, San Marcos , Recruitment Advisor-Gamma Chi (Texas State-San Marcos, Human Resources , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!