Company: Restaurant Depot
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Position Title: Deli Manager Department: Deli Supervisor:
Assistant Branch Manager FLSA: Full-Time, 8-10 hour shift, Hourly,
Overtime Restaurant Depot is a wholesale cash-and-carry foodservice
distributor. Our mission is to provide our customers with Savings,
Selection & Service, 7 Days a Week. Our customers are a targeted
group: independent restaurants, caterers, and not-for-profits. We
offer these customers the right products, at competitive prices, in
the quantities they need, every day of the week. We are a
privately-owned, multi-billion-dollar company and operate 150+
warehouses & distribution centers in 37 states. Position Summary:
The Deli Manager works to ensure that all available product in the
warehouse is out for sale and maintained with the strictest
freshness policies in accordance with Company direction and HACCP
Guidelines. Also works to develop relationships with customers that
drive sales goals, minimize losses & provide a mutual benefit for
all. Essential Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a
pleasant, safe working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by
demonstrating sincerity, patience, and respect in all customer
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions
and requests in a timely manner.
- Operate equipment (e.g., box cutter, knives, scales, compactor,
hi-los, scooters, scissor lifts) according to company & OSHA
- Follow basic product handling procedures in accordance with
company & HACCP policy. Always working with our Always Fresh
- Responsible for product presentation, rotation, labeling,
replenishment & backstock organization.
- Ensure in-stock position of available product while monitoring
inventory levels through frequent cycle counts.
- Maintain working knowledge of all warehouse equipment.
- Gain and demonstrate a high level of operational execution and
- Ensure consistent execution of all Department operating
procedures in accordance with Corporate Audit.
- Utilize accomplished selling skills to secure additional sales
and use suggestive selling techniques to increase sales of
- Communicate code dating issues and shrink opportunities and
monitor product quality to reduce shrink.
- Plan work duties appropriately during the scheduled shift to
accomplish all assigned tasks. Maintain high cleanliness standards;
clean as you go, inclusive of washing, cleaning, sweeping,
- Assist senior managers with interviewing, hiring & scheduling
- Adhere to all local, state & federal laws, and company
guidelines; comply with and reinforce all food safety and safety
regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs; report all issues
and illegal activity, including robbery, theft, or fraud.
- Assist general team members as needed.
- Assist in other areas of the warehouse as needed and
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this
position with or without reasonable accommodation. Experience and
- Ability to develop and train team members, build relationships,
utilize skills of team members most appropriately.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Ability to manage warehouse operations effectively and
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable
manner, and listen attentively to others, understand material, and
provide instructions to team members.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the
- Ability to work in a fast-paced working warehouse
- Warehouse, retail and/or customer service experience is a
- Must be able to perform basic functions on a handheld scanner,
desktop computer and calculatorPhysical demands include, but are
not limited to:
- Walking/standing on concrete up to 10 hours/day
- Frequently turning, standing, reaching, stooping, and/or
- Frequently pushing/pulling objects 500 to 1,500 lbs.
- Frequently lifting/carrying objects more than 60 lbs. Work
- Requires frequent exposure to cold/freezing temperatures
- Equipment in motion (forklifts, electric pallet jacks,
scooters) Benefits Include:
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Company Matched 401K
- Vacation, Sick & Personal PTO
- Bonus Opportunity ? Acknowledgement:I fully understand the
responsibilities and qualifications required for this job.
Furthermore, I find that I can perform the required functions.
Keywords: Restaurant Depot, San Marcos , Deli Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!