Company: City Experiences
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: January 10, 2022
City Experiences is seeking talented line cooks to work on our
vessels at City Cruises, San Diego Operation.
City Experiences' passion is to provide amazing experiences on land
and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and
acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that
welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you're an
enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where
communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may
just be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
Work consists of primarily banquets with a wide range of menus from
festive casual to California classic. Successful candidates will
have attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. A flexible
schedule is required.
The right candidate will provide a quality product on a consistent
basis while maintaining high levels of guest satisfaction. Provide
an outgoing and supportive personality with outstanding teamwork,
and will follow all current company policies and adhere to strict
safety guidelines. This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and
embody City Experiences' RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparing and cooking food aboard yachts or in our prep kitchen
- Loading and unloading food and supplies onto boats as
- Assisting in breaking down and cleaning the galley at the end
of each shift
- Working and collaborating with Vessel operations crew and front
of house team to satisfy 100% of our guests
- Learning all safety and security duties required for the
- Availability on nights, weekends and holidays a must
- Adhere and maintain strict guidelines to food production and
handling of all food products.
- Maintain consistent and open lines of communication with on
- Address any on board guest service food requirements when
- Adapt to changes quickly with function timelines and prep for
successful completion of each event.
- Provide support to the front of the house staff on all related
- Communicate any difficulties or breakdowns with onboard
equipment to your direct report.
- Show up ready to work on time and follow communicated
instructions by management.
- Additional job duties as assignedRequirements & Qualifications:
- At least 6 months kitchen experience which includes prep work,
line cooking and knowledge of health and sanitation codes
- California Food handler's card required within 30 days of
- TWIC and MMC Card required within 30 days of employment
- Valid Driver license a plus
- 18+ years oldThe RESPECT Service System embodies City
Experiences' mission, vision, values and operating principles. By
creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we
believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global
Experiences and Transportation Leader.
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and
or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to
discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion,
religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship,
sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions,
childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military
statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic
information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic
violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics
prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City
Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain
Pursuant to applicable State and local laws, including but not
limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
Keywords: City Experiences, San Marcos , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!