Dietitian I - Per Diem
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Provides nutrition education and clinical services within
- Upholds Kaiser Permanentes Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local
- Participates in establishing department strategic goals and
- Assesses member needs, establishes priorities, designs,
develops, recommends, updates, implements and evaluates programs,
curriculum, materials (written and audiovisual), protocols,
procedures and standards for health/nutrition education.
- Plans, participates and evaluates community events and
coordinates use of community resources as appropriate.
- Implements nutrition care plans to include follow-up and
referrals to government, community and/or other Kaiser Permanente
facilities for continuity of nutrition care.
- Educates/counsels members, family and caregivers regarding
health and nutrition on an individual or group setting
- Develops meal plans as appropriate to meet members lifestyle,
socio-economic background, age, culture, diagnosis and religious
- Consults and educates physicians and other healthcare providers
regarding member and population specific nutrition/health related
- Participates in multidisciplinary care teams and
- Collects data, plans, prepares and implements reports for
performance improvement and/or quality assurance audits.
- Develops grants and proposals for health/nutrition
- Plans, conducts and evaluates in-service education programs for
department staff, the multidisciplinary care team and
Individual Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT):
- Provides high quality, evidence-based, efficient,
customer-focused MNT, including nutrition screening, assessment,
care planning and education for appropriate nutrition
- Develops, implements, and monitors ongoing plan of care based
on the screening and assessment of the patient specific nutrition
care plans/education and based on the patients age, nutrition and
psychosocial status, diagnosis, cultural background and religious
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in providing and coordinating health
education services (usually 1 year) and/or hospital experience.
- Bachelors degree in Food/Nutrition or related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Registered Dietitian within 6 months of hire
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of mainframe and personal
- Demonstrates highly effective interpersonal, written and verbal
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Must be a Registered Dietitian (RD), as confirmed by the
Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Pre-RDs may be considered if: 1. candidate has completed the
Supervised Practice Program (SPP) for RDs, AND 2. not more than six
(6) months has passed since completing the SPP, AND 3. candidate
has not previously failed the RD registration exam, AND candidate
must become a RD within six (6) months of completing the SPP to
comply with California Law Current Registered Dietitian (RD).
- Pre RD may be considered as written above.
- A hiring manager may specify Preferred Qualifications, which
are desirable and above and beyond the requirements specified in
the Minimum Qualifications section above. Please keep in mind that
any such Preferred Qualifications should be job related and
relevant (i.e., directly related to the duties and responsibilities
described in this Job Description) and stated in non-prejudicial
- Preferred Qualifications for this job may include: Previous
individual, small group and large group/classroom training/teaching
- Candidate may be hired as a Dietitian I or II based on
qualifications as outlined in the CBA
Job Category: Dietitians & Nutrition Services
Keywords: Kaiser, San Marcos , Dietitian I - Per Diem, Healthcare , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...