Population Health Medical Officer
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Medical Director opening in San Marcos, California. This and
other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe
The TrueCare Population Health Director serves as the designated
physician leader for TrueCare's Population Health Program. A key
role of this position is to build strong and collaborative
relationships with physicians, advanced care practitioners, and
payers. The Population Health Director is responsible for
overseeing TrueCare's clinical quality performance and population
health outcomes. The Population Health Director will champion
physician and advanced care practitioner alignment strategies to
support TrueCare's annual goals and objectives in the value-based
- Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently
demonstrates our core values.
- Responsible for maintaining strong, positive relationships with
physicians, advanced care practitioners and other clinical
- Collaborates with other leaders to improve the operations of
TrueCare including strategic planning, patient satisfaction,
quality assurance, and other operational improvements.
- Leads/supports development of TrueCare quality initiatives and
other programs to continually improve quality, decrease cost,
provide an outstanding patient experience, and clinician
- Provide leadership and direction to TrueCare committees
including: Clinical Guidelines/Quality Assurance Committee,
Population Health Committee (PHIT) and Indirect patient care
- Lead the medical management strategic planning process to
evaluate utilization, quality, total episode cost of care, patient
satisfaction and overall marketplace competitiveness.
- Develop and maintain quality, utilization and cost metrics for
all areas of medical care delivery including ambulatory care and
post-acute/transitions in care.
- Analyzes aggregate data and reports to physicians, advance care
practitioners, payers and executive team.
- Responsible for providing clinical expertise and driving
clinical practice changes to support population health programs
including the transition into full professional risk and advanced
payment models that reward population health metrics
- Serve as lead clinical liaison to external health care
partners, external providers and applicable regulatory and
- Helps lead the transition into a full professional risk and
advanced payment environment that rewards exceptional clinical
care, service and cost effectiveness.
- Focuses on models of care that improve population health,
enhance reimbursement through value-based contracts, and shared
- Leads physicians and advanced care practitioners through the
change process from providing care for individuals to providing
care for populations, to include assisting with the development and
achievement of population health and clinical integration
- Assists in assessing, developing and implementing quality data
systems for population health management, engaging physicians and
advanced care practitioners through data reporting,
scorecards/dashboards and metrics.
- Incorporates initiatives that will increase patient
- Helps develop improved coordination of care delivery across
TrueCare population in all settings to improve clinical and
- Actively designs and implements innovative physician and
advanced care practitioner alignment and clinical integration
strategies across the TrueCare network to achieve plan goals and
- Coordinate with finance, quality reporting and clinical
informatics to ensure TrueCare has a system that supports value
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), degree from a medical school
accredited by the American Medical Association or a Doctor of
Osteopathy (D.O.) degree from a medical school accredited by the
American Osteopathic Association.
- Minimum of five (5) years' clinical practice
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in a Primary Care
- Completion of an approved program of residency training in
Primary Care Field.
TrueCare requires employees to be vaccinated as a condition of
employment, subject to accommodation obligations.
At Truecare, we put your health first. Our compassionate team
understands your needs and provides a heartfelt welcome to each and
every person who walks through our doors.
Visit truecare.org to learn more! Health Inside. Come in! Salud
TrueCare is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity
and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the
basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry,
sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or
military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local
Keyphrases: health administration jobs, medical director jobs,
hospital administration jobs, hospital administrative jobs,
healthcare administration jobs, administration jobs, healthcare
administrator jobs, medical administration jobs, chief medical
officer jobs, medical director position jobs, associate medical
director jobs, medical ceo jobs, healthcare ceo jobs, medical
administrative jobs, executive director jobs
Keywords: TrueCare, San Marcos , Population Health Medical Officer, Healthcare , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!