Physician Assistant II / Nurse Practitioner II - Orthopedics
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Physician Assistants (PA) provide health care services to
patients who may have acute episodic conditions or chronic
problems, as well as those seeking health evaluation, preventive
care and/or education and counseling. Under physician supervision,
PAs provide care in areas within KP in primary care or specialty
departments consistent with their educational preparation following
the Regional Practice Guidelines and Protocols for Ambulatory and
Hospital-Based Practice. They perform complete physical
examinations, including ordering, interpreting and evaluating
diagnostic tests and examinations. Assume on-going responsibility
for each patient from discovery of the disorder to recovery.
Diagnose and treat both chronic and episodic disorders including
complications of otherwise normal processes. Establish and document
the health care plan and diagnosis, maintain records of each case
that are sufficiently complete for any physician reviewing them to
evaluate the effectiveness of the plan.Consistently demonstrates
the knowledge, skills, abilities and behaviors necessary to provide
superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our
members and to customers, contracted providers and vendors.
Functions in an expanded role to regularly provide primary, acute
or emergency care to patients with complicated medical or surgical
conditions which requires an intensive level of care and advanced
certification in a specialty area (e.g., neonatal, intensive care,
emergency medicine, operating room, etc.). A formal internship
and/or equivalent on-the-job training in the specialty area are
also required.Essential Responsibilities:
- Collect subjective data (obtain history).
- Collect objective data (perform a physical exam).
- Develop an assessment (diagnosis).
- Develop and implement a management plan.
- Facilitate the referral of patients to the appropriate health
facilities, agencies and resources within the community.
- Order pharmacologic interventions.
- Develop and implement an educational plan.
- Plan for appropriate follow-up care.
- Manages the care of patients with complicated medical or
- Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of
Responsibility (Kaiser Permanente's Code of Conduct) by maintaining
the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the
assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity,
reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state
and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser
requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanente's policies and
- Minimum one (1) year experience unless specified by department
as an NP or PA. Education
- Graduate of an approved Physician Assistant Program OR graduate
of an accredited RN and NP Program.
- Master's Degree in Nursing (effective 1/1/03 for those not
previously grandfathered in by CMS- NP only). License,
- Current California Physician Assistant License or current
California Nurse Practitioner Certificate.
- Current California RN License (NP only).
- Maintain current national certification from approved
organizations (American Nurses Credentialing Center, American
Academy of Nurse Practitioners, National Certification Corporation
for Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing Specialties, or the
Pediatric Nursing Certification Board) or National Commission on
Certification of Physician Assistants appropriate to education and
department (must be obtained from NCCPA for initial state PA
license, need not be maintained, for those not previously
grandfathered in prior to 1/1/2001 by CMS.)
- Current BLS.
- National Provider Identification Number (NPI). Additional
- Willing to consider Nurse Practitioner II job code 56256.
- If department elects to hire a new grad NP or PA, the
California Furnishing Number and if applicable, the DEA
Registration Number, must be obtained within twelve (12) months of
- The probationary period would also be extended from six (6) to
twelve (12) months.
- Current DEA Registration Number. Preferred Qualifications:
- Orthopedic experience preferred. COMPANY: KAISERTITLE:
Physician Assistant II / Nurse Practitioner II -
OrthopedicsLOCATION: San Marcos, CaliforniaREQNUMBER:
1122155External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal,
state and local laws, including but not limited to the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, San Marcos , Physician Assistant II / Nurse Practitioner II - Orthopedics, Healthcare , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!