Physician - Family Practice
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: September 16, 2022
Summary of PositionUnder the direction of the Chief Medical
Officer, and in collaboration with the Practice Manager, serve as
staff physician at TrueCare and provide comprehensive medical
services to patients of TrueCare.Essential FunctionsClinical
Quality & Competence (60%)
- Provide comprehensive medical services including on-call
coverage and hospitalization (as applicable) for patients of
TrueCare while remaining adaptable and flexible.
- Perform clinical procedures & services that are within the
approved skills profile and/or scope of practice.
- Provide medical backup as necessary to all TrueCare health
center sites and clinicians while remaining adaptable and
- Display cultural competency to meet the needs of the
communities served by TrueCare.
- Identify patients for preventive care or care management.
- Work with team for continual care coordination.
- Collaborate with team to prioritize and identify patients who
would benefit from care coordination.
- Champion continuous quality improvement efforts.
- Practice daily patient communication within the model of a
- Provide supervision, consultation, medical backup and
instruction when needed to Nurse Practitioners, Physician
Assistants, Registered Nurses and other health care delivery team
members in all TrueCare sites as applicable.
- Open to serving as a preceptor to medical and paraprofessional
students placed with TrueCare.
- Facilitate transfer of care to other TrueCare clinicians when
religious/personal beliefs interfere with the clinician's ability
to offer full care options (i.e. abortion referral, contraceptive
- Be accessible by telephone/pager during hours scheduled, when
on-call and at other times as requested by the Practice Manager,
Chief Medical Officer and/ or Chief Executive Officer.
- Adhere to TrueCare Medical Staff Bylaws
- Utilize medical staff protocols for referral, follow-up and
- Agree to comply with adopted TrueCare clinical guidelines
- Work closely with Health Educator to provide appropriate health
education and follow-up to patients
- Assist the Practice Manager and the Chief Medical Officer with
employee evaluations for the Nurse Practitioners, Physician
Assistants, Nurses and Medical Assistants as needed.
- Be responsible for attending continuing education programs and
provide evidence of necessary education completion to upgrade
medical skills and maintain licensing requirements.
- Obtain and maintain Board Certification (as applicable).
- Assist the Chief Executive and /or Chief Medical Officer in
program development as requested.
- Participate in Quality Assurance Program including audits, peer
review, patient satisfaction, protocol development and in-servicing
- Contribute to the success of TrueCare by participating in
quality improvements activities.
- Attend meetings and other in-service training as established by
the Chief Medical Officer.
- Complete legible and legally defensible medical records in a
timely manner on a daily basis.
- Participate in utilization review and management.
- Display knowledge of normal signs of human development and
ability to assess and provide age appropriate care.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and
security obligations. Report unethical, fraudulent or unlawful
behavior or activity.Measured by peer review, patient satisfaction,
credentialing, and QM activitiesProductivity & Practice Management
- Maintain productivity standards within 10% of the practice goal
and/or as required.
- Perform in high volume and emergency situations as
- Start clinic on or before the scheduled time.
- Show up at meetings as required on or before the scheduled
- Coordinates communication during the following situations:
- Calls if he/she is going to be late.
- Signs out patients to the appropriate clinician/nursing staff
for call or follow-up.
- Gives appropriate notice as required by TrueCare for time
- Responds to pages in a timely manner during working hours and
- Works with nursing staff to facilitate prescription refills,
- Accepts additional patients into the schedule when
- Accommodates urgent patients including walk-ins.
- Minimizes rescheduling of patients; provides direction on what
to do when it becomes necessary.
- Completes and submits all billing in an agreed upon timely
manner (usually by the end of the day).
- Completes billing tickets to reflect accurate coding & charges
of all services rendered.
- Agrees to follow each respective health center site's Policies
- Answers messages and signs off clinical reports (consults,
labs, x-ray's, etc.) in a timely manner.Measured by competency
assessment, productivity, coding/billing audits, department
meetings and staff inputOrganization & Community Contribution (5%)
- Participates in practice building activities (at least one
outreach activity a quarter), which includes, but is not limited to
the following: clinicians volunteering their time to approved
clinical activities, appearance on TV/Radio programs, health topic
speaking engagements, agency sponsored health fairs, newspaper
articles, teaching, running specialty clinics and appointment as
director of any department or service at a hospital that promotes
the name of North County Health Services and provides an increased
awareness of the care that is provided to the underserved.
- Participates in organizational committees and task forces.
- Provides input into the development of the Annual Health Care
- Attends 75% of clinical department meetings and is active
within the provider group.Measured by competency assessment and
strategic planningJOB QUALIFICATIONSSkills: Highly effective oral
and written communication skills. Ability to relate to and work
with people of all ages, social and ethnic backgrounds and maintain
patient confidentiality. Ability to work independently and as a
part of a team and inspire confidence and trust in patients and
staff. Ability to share the TRUECARE mission and team orientation
approach. Ability to understand patient needs as consumers of
health care and focus service around those needs. Ability and
willingness to obtain hospital privileges. Maintain
confidentiality.Knowledge and EducationBoard Certified or Eligible
for Board Certification in primary care specialties. State of
California license as a Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy.
Current CPR certification. Bilingual (English/Spanish)
preferredTrueCare requires employees to be vaccinated as a
condition of employment, subject to accommodation obligations.At
TrueCare, we put your health first. Our compassionate team
understands your needs and provides a heartfelt welcome to each and
every person who walks through our doors.Visit truecare.org to
learn more! Health Inside. Come in! Salud Adentro.
Bienvenido!TrueCare is committed to a policy of Equal Employment
Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or
employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability,
veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or
Keywords: TrueCare, San Marcos , Physician - Family Practice, Healthcare , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!