Veterinary Assistant/Non-Credentialed Veterinary Technician- Surgery
Company: Ethos Veterinary Health
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: September 15, 2022
We are seeking individuals who have strong emotional
competencies; those that are self-aware, have infectious positive
attitudes, and are caring toward others!Veterinary Specialty
Hospital by Ethos Veterinary Health is a large, state of the art
24-hour Specialty and Emergency Hospital located in sunny San
Marcos just minutes from the beach! Our hospital is proud to be an
accredited member of AAHA. We are dedicated to our clients and
community, the veterinary profession, and our team. We currently
have full-time openings for a Veterinary Kennel Assistant.The
primary responsibility of the Veterinary Assistant is to provide
support and assistance to the veterinarians. The Veterinary
Assistant must embody the culture of treating every client and
colleague with the utmost courteous and attentive treatment
possible, with a keen sensitivity to the emotional bond between
owners and their pets.Responsibilities:
- Room patients and clients and perform the appointment process
with basic record keeping procedures.
- Build and present financial treatment plans.
- Admit patients for surgery.
- Perform diagnostics; namely radiographs.
- Obtain lab samples and run bloodwork.
- Discuss home care instructions.
- Fill and discuss medications with owners.
- Assist with basic animal restraint.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment, including but not
limited to the cleanliness of laundry, floors, and cages.
- Provide basic animal husbandry and hygiene between
- Ensure proper stocking of medical supplies and janitorial
- Proper cleaning, packing, and sterilization of surgical tools
- Essential job functions include walking, standing, bending,
lifting up to 50 pounds, writing, hearing, seeing, speaking, and
- Experience in General Practice or Specialty/Emergency (minimum
- High school diploma or equivalent required; candidates from
vocational co-op programs also considered
- Ability to read, write, and speak English is required
- Knowledge and practical application of basic arithmetic,
including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division is
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin,
veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All
employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence,
merit, and business need.gVd72kvKPz
Keywords: Ethos Veterinary Health, San Marcos , Veterinary Assistant/Non-Credentialed Veterinary Technician- Surgery, Healthcare , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!