Company: Empower Mobile Physical Therapy
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The physical therapist will work in the North County San Diego
region (primarily Vista, San Marcos, Oceanside) to provide per diem
assistance for our mobile physical therapy business. The physical
therapist provides physical therapy services to patients according
to a written physician's plan of care. This may include, but will
not be limited to:
- Assessing and evaluating therapeutic/rehabilitative/functional
status, and participation in the development of the total plan of
care. Evaluates home environment.
- Assesses for muscle strength, mobility, gait, ROM-potential for
- Directs physical therapy treatments.
- Instructing patients and families/caregivers in the use and
care of therapeutic appliances.
- Determining priority needs for physical therapy
- Reporting to physician patient's reaction to treatment or
changes in condition.
- Initiates physical therapy program and instructs other
personnel and/or family/caregiver members in certain phases of
physical therapy with which they may work with a patient, as well
as instructing them as to the goals of the physical therapy program
for the patient by participating in case conferences.
- May train patient in the use of prosthetic device, assistive
- Prepares and submits clinical and progress summaries based on
the attainment of goals.
- Participates in discharge planning for patient.
- Prepares and submits a clinical progress summary based on the
attainment of goals as directed by Medicare .
- Provides physical therapy consultation to home
families/caregivers when indicated.
- Provides in-service education programs for nursing organization
personnel as needed.
- Participates in peer consultation process.
- Supervises Physical Therapy Assistants according to
organization policy and state regulations.
- Other related duties as assignedBasic Qualifications -
- Master (MS) or Doctorate (DPT) degree in physical therapy
approved by an accredited organization
- Licensed to practice as physical therapist within the
- One (1) year or more experience as a physical therapist
- Prefer 1 year in home health experience as a physical
Keywords: Empower Mobile Physical Therapy, San Marcos , Physical Therapist, Healthcare , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!