Clinical Director Behavioral Health
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Position Summary The Clinical Director of Behavioral Health is
responsible for leading clinical quality strategies aimed at
meeting clinical benchmarks for quality care and productivity,
ensuring proper care is being provided in accordance with NCHS
guidelines, and developing and providing ongoing clinical and
administrative staff development and program planning. The Clinical
Director is also responsible for providing comprehensive behavioral
health services to patients of NCHS.Essential Functions
- Manage behavioral health program services to meet client needs
with particular emphasis on services for underserved
- Set and monitor productivity level of staff to ensure delivery
of services in a timely manner.
- Provide direct clinical supervision, consultation, medical
backup and instruction to clinical staff that results in a high
quality of care.
- Coordinate clinical orientations for behavioral health
providers and participate in orientating new providers to pertinent
mental health protocols and programs.
- Ensure treatment adheres to established policies, procedures
and standards of care.
- Provide expertise on mental health issues through in-service
trainings, consultations and committees.
- Identify and oversee the implementation of evidence based
practices and outcomes measurement.
- Establish and lead regular behavioral health provider meetings
and case reviews to include treatment plans, progress and
- Provide comprehensive medical services including on-call
coverage and hospitalization (as applicable) for patients of
- Perform clinical procedures and services that are within the
approved skills profile and/or scope of practice.
- Perform medication evaluations and medication management
services for patients.
- Complete timely and appropriate documentation in the Electronic
Health Record (EHR) system, including but not limited to, contact
logs, progress notes, evaluation notes and script writing.
- Follow established guidelines for use and/or disclosure of
protected health information (PHI).
- Utilize medical staff protocols for referral, follow-up and
- Collaborate with Health Educators to provide appropriate health
education and follow-up to patients.
- Assist the Chief Executive and /or Chief Medical Officer in
program development, as requested.
- Participate in Quality Assurance Program including audits, peer
review, patient satisfaction, protocol development and in-servicing
- Serve as a preceptor to medical and paraprofessional staff
placed with NCHS, as needed. Job Requirements
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree from a medical school
accredited by the American Medical Association or a Doctor of
Osteopathy (D.O.) degree from a medical school accredited by the
American Osteopathic Association.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Primary Care or General
- Completion of an approved primary care or general psychiatry
- At least five (5) years of clinical practice experience.
- At least three (3) years of leadership experience in a clinical
- Experience with Program Development and Program Evaluation
- Computer proficiency, particularly with Electronic
Health/Medical Record systems and the Microsoft Office suite,
including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Nice to Have
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement
- Current Medical License from the State of California
- Current and unrestricted Controlled Substances Registration
Certificate from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration
- Valid California Driver's License, proof of insurance and clean
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Healthcare
Providers TrueCare requires employees to be vaccinated as a
condition of employment, subject to accommodation obligations.At
Truecare, we put your health first. Our compassionate team
understands your needs and provides a heartfelt welcome to each and
every person who walks through our doors.Visit to learn more!
Health Inside. Come in! Salud Adentro. Bienvenido!TrueCare is
committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not
discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race,
color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable federal, state, or local law. PI181584494
Keywords: TrueCare, San Marcos , Clinical Director Behavioral Health, Healthcare , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!