Location: San Marcos
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Position SummaryThe Dental Assistant is responsible for
assisting the dentist and dental hygienist in the direct provision
of primary care dental services to patients of the health center.
The Dental Assistant is also responsible for sterilization,
preparation and inventory control of dental instruments and
- Prepare operatory for patient treatment.
- Maintain a smooth constant flow of patients from reception to
- Help patients feel comfortable before, during and after
- Prepare patients for examination by obtaining their health
history and taking their blood pressure and pulse.
- Record patients' health history, vital signs and information in
the Electronic Dental Record (EDR) system.
- Operate x-ray equipment to perform dental radiographic
- Provide chair side assistance to the dentist and hygienist, as
needed, in the concept of four handed dentistry.
- Use suction and swabs to keep patients' mouths clear and dry
- Accurately chart diagnosis of dentists.
- Under direct supervision of the dentist, perform basic
supportive dental procedures such as taking impressions for
diagnostic and opposing models; removing post-extraction and
periodontal dressings; applying topical fluoride, after scaling and
polishing; and placing and removing rubber dams in accordance with
state regulations and law.
- Provide patients with instructions for oral care.
- Maintain dental equipment and work areas in compliance with
health center policies and procedures relative to infection control
and safety issues, including the sterilization of all reusable
dental instruments and equipment and the proper disposal of all
contaminated or potentially contaminated materials.
- Maintain adequate operatory supplies and compile a list for
inventory control and ordering purposes.
- Assist the front office, as needed, with answering the
telephone, patient registration, scheduling appointments, recalls
and obtaining insurance eligibility.Job Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an accredited program for Dental Assistants.
- Familiarity with dental terminology, instruments, materials and
medications used during dental procedures.
- Availability to work outside of normal shifts (e.g., 8am to
5pm) and on Saturdays.
- Computer proficiency, particularly with the Microsoft Office
suite, including Outlook and Word.Nice to Have
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- At least one (1) year of Dental Assistant experience.
- Six (6) months experience with electronic health record data
- Experience working in a community clinic setting.Certifications
- Dental Assistant Certification accredited by the American
Dental Association's (ADA) Commission on Dental Accreditation
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Healthcare
- Radiation Safety Certificate
- Infection Control Certificate
- California Dental Practice Act Certificate
TrueCare requires employees to be vaccinated as a condition of
employment, subject to accommodation obligations.At Truecare, we
put your health first. Our compassionate team understands your
needs and provides a heartfelt welcome to each and every person who
walks through our doors.Visit truecare.org to learn more! Health
Inside. Come in! Salud Adentro. Bienvenido!TrueCare is committed to
a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate
against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age,
physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: TrueCare, San Marcos , Dental Assistant, Healthcare , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!