Veterinarian - 3-day per week schedule
Company: National Veterinary Associates
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: May 14, 2022
ABC Veterinary Hospital located in San Marcos, CA is seeking an
experienced associate Veterinarian to join our practice!
ABC Veterinary Hospital utilizes cutting-edge veterinary medical
expertise and technology in the care and treatment of your pet. Our
staff of veterinary specialists have been providing quality
veterinary services for pet owners in North San Diego for over 25
years. We believe that pets are important members of our families
and we treat each pet as if it were our very own. In order to
better diagnose and accurately treat our pet clients, ABC
Veterinary Hospital is equipped with advanced digital radiology,
endoscopy and a modern diagnostic laboratory.
ABC Veterinary Hospital displays an unrivaled commitment to our
clients through continuing education, technological advances in
veterinary medicine and service, and most importantly, providing
compassionate care to all pets entrusted to us.
What we offer:
- Top of the market earning potential for the San Diego
- Flexible scheduling to achieve optimal work/life balance. A 3
day (Sunday-Tuesday) work week would be ideal.
- Aggressive Sign on Bonus potential
- Full Benefits Package including 401k with match
- Continuing education allowance including stipends for intensive
- Malpractice coverage
- License renewal and professional association
- Supported by hands on management
About our hospital:
- 4 Full-Time DVM's
- Wellness Exams
- Dental Care
- DNA Testing
- Puppy Care and Kitten Care Package
- Diagnostic Blood Work
- Exotic Pet Care
- Laser Therapy
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Laser Surgery
ABOUT SAN MARCOS, CA:
San Marcos, located in North County San Diego, is a family-friendly
suburb located just 15 minutes from the ocean and about 45 minutes
to San Diego City center. Listed as the largest and most diverse
school system in San Diego County and home to Cal State San Marcos,
the city places an emphasis on education and strong community
values. Food and music festivals, beautiful weather, and a variety
of thrilling opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts - San Marcos is
the place to play, work and live life to the fullest.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate
Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works
directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This
individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and
provides exceptional client service to our clients and
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and
listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and
diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the
highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis,
treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes
certain all necessary logs are kept up to date through established
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to
ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional
community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications:
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which
applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and
upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
For more information, please reach out to Taylor Smith-
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to
all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status
as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Keywords: National Veterinary Associates, San Marcos , Veterinarian - 3-day per week schedule, Healthcare , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!