Licensed Vocational Nurse- $750 Sign on Bonus!
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job Description Licensed Vocational Nurse San Marcos, CAPosition
Summary The LVN is responsible for the scope of practice,
performing nursing duties following established policies,
procedures and standards. Essential Functions
- Supervise the workflow and workload of back office staff to
ensure an efficient patient flow.
- Perform physical assessments, venipuncture, EKG, urinary
catheterization, Intravenous (IV) therapy, wound care, deep nasal
suctioning, medication administration, patient education and other
activities at the direction of provider and within defined scope of
- Assist providers or other medical staff personnel with
examinations and treatments, as directed or required.
- Provide nursing staff coverage within licensed scope of
- Administer medications, excluding IV medications, as ordered by
- Enter patient care, clinical data and findings in the
electronic health record (EHR) system, as needed.
- Ensure vaccines are ordered and an inventory system
- Maintain the expiration update on all medications and lab
supplies and discard per TrueCare protocol, when necessary.
- Monitor, coach, develop and evaluate performance of staff on an
ongoing basis in accordance with applicable performance standards
and provide direct and timely feedback with regard to daily
operations and clinical skills competencies.
- Track absenteeism, manage time off requests and approve
- Oversee/monitor and assist in the training of new and existing
- Provide ongoing training to employees as new processes or
updates are implemented; and work with employees to correct
- Shadow staff on skill competency, as needed, to ensure proper
workflow processes and procedures are followed.
- Oversee and create weekly and daily schedules of back office
staff, as assigned.
- Assist in preparation for and delivery of staff meetings and
in-service and staff training, including monthly mandatory
- Assist Clinic Manager in the preparation for audits conducted
by various agencies.
- Serve as a point of contact for back office staff with
questions, issues or patient related conflicts. When unable to
address issues independently bring them to the attention of the
Clinic Manager. Job Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited School of Practical/Vocational
- At least two (2) years' nursing experience in an ambulatory
- A least two (2) years' supervisory or lead experience in a
- Computer proficiency, particularly with Electronic
Health/Medical Record systems and the Microsoft Office suite,
including Outlook and Word.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish Nice to Have
- Knowledge of ICD-10 coding.
- Experience working with Electronic Health Records.
- Current California LVN License
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Healthcare
- Intravenous (IV) Certification
- May be required to travel between all TrueCare's sites and
locations therefore CA Driver's License and clean driving record
required. TrueCare requires employees to be vaccinated as a
condition of employment, subject to accommodation obligations.At
Truecare, we put your health first. Our compassionate team
understands your needs and provides a heartfelt welcome to each and
every person who walks through our doors.Visit truecare.org to
learn more! Health Inside. Come in! Salud Adentro. Bienvenido!
TrueCare is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity
and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the
basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry,
sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or
military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local
Keywords: TrueCare, San Marcos , Licensed Vocational Nurse- $750 Sign on Bonus!, Healthcare , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!