Veterinary Technician - ICU
Company: Ethos Veterinary Health LLC
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: May 13, 2022
About Veterinary Specialty Hospital: At VSH our mission is to
advance the veterinary profession through our leadership in
medicine, education, business, and promotion of the human-animal
bond. We strive to bring together caring, warm and intelligent
people who love to serve and help and are among the best in their
field. About the Job: As a Vet Tech in the ICU department you will
be responsible for
- Work as part of a team in a busy, high-caseload specialty
hospital to provide outstanding care to hospitalized patients.
- Observe, record, and report atypical findings of patients'
- Handle, restrain, and provide care for all intensive-level
hospitalized patients, including hourly treatments and in-house
- Perform IV catheter placement, blood draws, urine collection,
radiographs, and other in-house diagnostics.
- Place, maintain, and/or use central lines, sampling lines,
closed-suction drains, urinary catheters, etc.
- Calculate drug doses and administer treatments.
- Perform other duties as directed by management.About You:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a veterinary
hospital setting required. Recent graduates with an Associates or
Bachelors degree in Veterinary Technology will be considered.
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and
commitment to developing long-term relationships with colleagues,
clients, and the community is required.
- Positive outlook and ability to work well in a collaborative
- Comprehensive understand and experience with anesthetic
monitoring is required
- Proficiency in processing basic laboratory specimens and
working knowledge of radiographic techniques is required
- RVT or VTS preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required,
and the ability to deliver exceptional client service is
expectedBenefits of Working at VSH:
- Compensation is based on experience and skill level. Full-time
benefits include pet insurance, health, dental, vision, disability,
and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee
Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE
allowance. Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability,
national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by
appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of
qualifications, competence, merit, and business need. pm19Powered
Keywords: Ethos Veterinary Health LLC, San Marcos , Veterinary Technician - ICU, Healthcare , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!