Veterinary Technician - ICU Overnight
Company: Ethos Veterinary Health LLC
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: January 12, 2022
About Veterinary Specialty Hospital: At VSH our mission is to
advance the veterinary profession through our leadership in
medicine, education, business, and promotion of the human-animal
bond. We strive to bring together caring, warm and intelligent
people who love to serve and help and are among the best in their
field. About the Job: As a Vet Tech in the ICU department you will
be responsible for
- Work as part of a team in a busy, high-caseload specialty
hospital to provide outstanding care to hospitalized patients.
- Observe, record, and report atypical findings of patients'
- Handle, restrain, and provide care for all intensive-level
hospitalized patients, including hourly treatments and in-house
- Perform IV catheter placement, blood draws, urine collection,
radiographs, and other in-house diagnostics.
- Place, maintain, and/or use central lines, sampling lines,
closed-suction drains, urinary catheters, etc.
- Calculate drug doses and administer treatments.
- Perform other duties as directed by management.About You:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a veterinary
hospital setting required. Recent graduates with an Associates or
Bachelors degree in Veterinary Technology will be considered.
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and
commitment to developing long-term relationships with colleagues,
clients, and the community is required.
- Positive outlook and ability to work well in a collaborative
- Comprehensive understand and experience with anesthetic
monitoring is required
- Proficiency in processing basic laboratory specimens and
working knowledge of radiographic techniques is required
- RVT or VTS preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required,
and the ability to deliver exceptional client service is
expectedBenefits of Working at VSH:
- Compensation is based on experience and skill level.
- Full-time benefits include pet insurance, health, dental,
vision, disability, and life insurances, flex-spending accounts,
401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a
generous CE allowance.Full-time benefits include pet insurance,
health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances,
flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid
time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance Ethos is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status
or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is
decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and
business need. pm19Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Ethos Veterinary Health LLC, San Marcos , Veterinary Technician - ICU Overnight, Healthcare , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!