Respiratory Therapy Clinical Director - (RRT)
Company: Pima Medical Institute
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Respiratory Therapy Clinical Director - (RRT) Clinical
Leadership at PMI is a meaningful career!As the Respiratory Therapy
Clinical Director at Pima Medical Institute, you will be involved
in both the coordination, growth, successful training of students,
and the quality of the Respiratory Therapy Degree program! PMI will
count on your expertise and leadership to contribute towards the
overall success of the students, and PMI, while contributing
constantly to the mission of improving the quality of people's
lives- students, patients and the community!Direct the Respiratory
Therapy clinical education through instruction of students to
ensure training of quality patient care.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and performance of clinical
- Secure new clinical sites and contractual agreements.
- Visit clinical facilities, provide guidance and counseling with
regard to teaching practices. Ensure students receive technical
instruction from instructors at clinical sites. Instruct students
at clinical sites.
- Ensure all students receive medical physician contacts. Develop
guidelines for students to maintain physician interaction in the
clinical setting. Maintain records of medical direction.
- Coordinate with clinical staff to establish a clinical
assignment for students. Coordinate the scheduling of students
within the department. Develop clinical objectives and evaluations.
Conduct orientation for students to each clinical education
- Monitor competency evaluations and review clinical records with
students. Evaluate the performance of students regarding course
objectives and make necessary provisions to meet learning
- Instructs students in both classroom theory and learning
laboratory. Prepare lecture plans and materials. Provide feedback
- Coordinate the clinical education for the Respiratory Therapy
program, to include clinical faculty schedules. Coordinate and
revise the clinical education plan. Recommend changes to the
- Maintain student grades in accordance with established
policies. Prepare final grades at the end of each semester to
update student records and transcripts.
- Collaborate with public and community respiratory care
- May assist the Program Director with student applicants for
admission into the program.The list of essential functions is not
exhaustive and may be supplemented.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Baccalaureate degree from an academic institute accredited by a
regional or national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S.
Department of Education (USDE).
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program
recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for
Higher Education Accreditation, or an otherwise recognized training
entity (e.g., hospital-based program) in the specialty field.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). Respiratory Care
Practitioner (RCP) State license.
- Four (4) years of experience as a registered respiratory
therapist of which at least two (2) year must include experience in
clinical respiratory care.
- Two (2) years of instructor experience in an accredited
respiratory therapy program, either as an appointed faculty member
or as a clinical preceptor.
- Must hold current license, certification or other designation
as required by local, state or federal laws to work in the
respiratory therapy field.
- Verbal and written communication skills. -
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and other computer
Keywords: Pima Medical Institute, San Marcos , Respiratory Therapy Clinical Director - (RRT), Healthcare , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!