Industry Sales Manager, Nuclear Power
Company: Fluid Components Intl
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Join the world leader in thermal mass flow meter technology. FCI
began in 1964 by pioneering the development and application of
thermal dispersion flow and level sensing technology. The Company
is the world-recognized leading manufacturer for solving flow and
level measurement applications for industrial process and plant
applications using patented thermal dispersion flow measurement
technology. From off-the-shelf product solutions to custom
engineered products and systems, FCI provides world leading
experience and a record of unequalled innovation to meet or exceed
our customer application demands. Complimenting FCI product
leadership is a world class Flow and Level Calibration Facility in
which all calibrations are performed in liquids or gases utilizing
only N.I.S.T. traceable equipment and instrumentation. Currently,
we are seeking a Nuclear Sales Manager for our Nuclear Sales
Department.Position PurposeUnder general supervision from the
Nuclear General Manager, provides high level support, advice, and
technical interpretations to customers including engineers, buyers,
service personnel, sales representatives, and distributors on the
application of company's technology and capabilities in new
products and markets. May be assigned specific projects related to
the development of business in new market and product
opportunities. Coordinates the support of current installed base
through spares, repairs, and field or customer service. Essential
Job Functions (primary duties and outputs of position)
- Evaluates and responds or delegates incoming inquiries and
correspondence on unique or atypical product applications, provides
uncommon commercial interpretations that exceed the specialized
training of the sales personnel and develops new markets and
- Confers with all levels of the organization including sales,
marketing, engineering, accounting, legal and manufacturing to
compile and synthesize the feasibility and interest of the company
to meet special design, performance or commercial requests and the
schedules of such non-standard work.
- Responsible for developing and securing new business in the
- Responsible for maintaining successful business relationships
- Responsible for steering the nuclear instrument portfolio
consistent with trends in market and consistent with customer
- Communicates directly with customers and field sales personnel
regarding new business and market sales activities.
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policy to develop and
promote sales of new products and services.
- Reviews market data to determine customer needs, volume
potential, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Monitors competitor activities and formulates market response
to competitive obstacles.
- Develops specifications and marketing material in combination
with Marketing, technical and sales team,
Representative/Distributors, and customers.
- Presents forecast and critical project updates to
- Responsible for successful leadership of inside sales, project
management, and project administration.
- Establishes goals and works on development of all direct
- Manages and motivates the sales team in new product, market and
- Directs nuclear sales, project management, and sales
- Follow safe work practices, participate in safety training as
required, and report any unsafe condition or accident.
- Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner
in accordance with established operating procedures and
- Above all, responsible for exemplifying nuclear safety and
- Employees are responsible to understand and support the quality
policy and the appropriate elements of the quality management
system for their areas of work, reduce, eliminate, and prevent
quality deficiencies including escapes.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities
related to product, process, and quality system.
- All employees have the responsibility and authority to identify
quality deficiencies, elevate any concerns for action within or
related to our quality system and processes.Communication
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in
- Maintain effective and constructive working relationships with
others both internally and externally.
- Provides priorities to the manufacturing team based on customer
- Communication in this position is required to be quick,
responsive, concise, decisive, and accurate.Education/Work
- BS/BE in STEM field with 5 or more years continued experience
in STEM field, or
- BA in STEM field with 5 or more years continued experience in
- MBA preferred and experience in a management capacity.
- 5 or more years sales experience required.
- Experience in the process control industry or instrumentation
field is preferred.
- Experience handling US and international sales.
- Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Must be either a US citizen or permanent
- This position requires bending, walking, and standing for long
periods of time.
- 25% travel required, Domestic and International.
- Occasionally, must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Pay Range:
$110,000.00 to $150,000.00 annualCompensation may vary based on
related skills, experience, and relevant key attributes.These
duties may be modified or changed at any time at the sole
discretion of management either orally or in writing. The above
statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All
personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal
responsibilities from time to time, as needed.FCI is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local
law. If you are qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if
you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our
career center as a result of your disability. To request an
accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative.FCI is an
ITAR required employer and active participant of the DHS and SSA
E-Verify program. Contract requirements for ITAR identify US
citizen or permanent resident card "Green Card" holder in the
absence of ECCN.COMPANY: FCI is the leading manufacturer of thermal
type process control instrumentation sold throughout the world. In
addition to our home office, we operate three (3) separate
facilities across different continents to bring our brand of
expertise and service to thousands of global customers. FCI is a
privately held organization. COVID-19:As an essential manufacturer,
Fluid Components is proud to offer the following benefits in
response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Free personal protective equipment (PPE) for all on-site
- Additional health screenings and ongoing safety protocols
aligned with CDC guidelines
- Three-day weekends for most roles
Keywords: Fluid Components Intl, San Marcos , Industry Sales Manager, Nuclear Power, Executive , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...