Assistant Territory Manager
Company: UGI Corp.
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: November 26, 2022
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG!
Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation's premiere propane company,
serving over 1.5 million residential, commercial, industrial and
motor fuel propane customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated
professionals will deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from
1,800+ distribution points across the United States.
Job Summary (Purpose):
The Operations Manager has the operational responsibility for their
assigned district location(s). Under the direction of the Area
Manager, this position will manage operations of the district(s)
with accountability for employee safety, customer experience,
operational efficiencies and operating expenses.
* Ability to function independently in a supervisory role in the
absence of the manager
* Is committed to world class safety and customer service
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Safety Management
* Is responsible for all aspects of safety within the assigned
district location, including compliance with safety codes and
* Articulates a safety vision for his or her team; considers the
impact on safety when making decisions
* Trains employees and monitors compliance safety policies and
procedures; accident avoidance and safety driving; consistently
reinforces safety messages
* Customer Experience
* Makes customers a high priority; is committed to exceeding the
needs of all customers
* Proactively identifies problems that negatively impact the
* Celebrates excellent customer service and recognizes individuals
who provide exceptional service to customers
* Partners with the Customer Experience Services team to resolve
customer issues timely as needed
* Conduct priority customer visits to enhance relationships and
conduct customer calls/visits to address issues.
* Operational Efficiency
* Responsible for completing the weekly productivity and service
planners and coordinating efforts with the Service and Delivery
Coordinators through a weekly call; drives employee productivity
and meets or exceeds performance metrics for delivery and
* Works closely with Service Coordinator and Delivery Coordinator
to ensure delivery and service orders are completed as planned
* Ensures procedures are followed to complete daily work
* Reviews district performance reports and dashboards metrics
* Responsible for timely permit management
* Team Management
* Plans, directs and manages staffing and development of employees
by effectively communicating company strategic goals; conducting
effective and timely performance appraisals; ensures all required
training for employees is completed
* Consistently communicates and updates critical performance areas
for the District and the Area to staff
* Monitors employee productivity through use of the Field
Utilization & Efficiency reporting and other tools
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to communicate effectively with code enforcement
officials, regulatory personnel and permitting jurisdictions.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret reporting documents
relating to District performance, safety and technical procedures,
and governmental regulations.
Education and Experience Required:
* High school diploma required, college degree strongly
* Five or more years' experience in a management role. Experience
in the propane industry is a plus.
* Computer skills and Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to hazardous or caustic chemicals and outside
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex,
national origin, disability, age, gender identity, sexual
orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class
in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to
submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background
check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a
pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if
hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance
with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in
safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain
positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an
authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who
are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that
Keywords: UGI Corp., San Marcos , Assistant Territory Manager, Executive , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!