Associate Director, ODS
Company: Texas State University
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: September 16, 2022
Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address
how they meet these required qualifications to meet the
requirements of the position.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Psychology, Social Work, or
related field. -
- 3 years of clear and effective administrative leadership
experience (including supervising staff), experience implementing
legally mandated accommodations, and understanding the needs of
students with disabilities in a college or university
- Ability to relate well to the unique needs of college students
with disabilities, including a desire to work one-on-one with these
students to help meet their accessibility needs in their academic
- Ability to interpret a wide variety of educational,
psychological, and medical documentation.
- Knowledge of disability law (i.e., Americans with Disabilities
Act and Section 504) and its application to students with
- Must be student-centered.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision, as
well as work collaboratively as a team member.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including both oral and written
communication. Preferred Qualifications
- Master's degree in Education, Psychology, Social Work,
Counseling, or related field
- Experience working with diverse and underrepresented student
populations (e.g., LatinX, First Generation, Veterans, etc.).
- Experience providing accommodations to students living in
on-campus residential housing.
- Knowledge of the Accessible Information Management ( AIM )
- Demonstrated experience managing a budget. Job Description The
Associate Director position works with students with disabilities
to facilitate access to the educational environment. The Associate
Director is responsible for collaborating with faculty and staff to
improve accessibility and promote an inclusive environment. This
position assists in the coordination of activities which increase
disability awareness within the Texas State University community.
The Associate Director assists with managing daily and strategic
operations of the office as well as supervising staff. - Job Duties
- Provides on-going service and case management to students with
disabilities. This includes direct assistance to monitor the
effectiveness of accommodations, individual advocacy, and referrals
to appropriate campus services and programs. Provides resources
that address the unique needs of students with disabilities and
focuses on those strategies needed by students at Texas State
- Meets with students requesting accommodations. This includes
reviewing student applications and obtaining, interpreting, and
verifying documentation (e.g., student self-reports, medical
records, school records) provided by the student. Through an
interactive process with the student, evaluates the student's
disability and its effect on academic performance and participation
in campus life to determine appropriate accommodations.
- Creates and maintains appropriate records by documenting
communication with/regarding students and recording recommended
courses of action or accommodations.
- In collaboration with the director of ODS , assists with
managing daily and strategic operations of the office.
- Assists with supervision and training of ODS staff.
- Makes decisions regarding daily operations of the office and
attends administrative meetings in the absence of the
- Reviews and responds to student disability concerns regarding
accommodations and/or access.
- Provides consultation and training to students, faculty, and
staff regarding accessibility issues and laws to foster disability
awareness, sensitivity, and knowledge. Serves as a resource for the
accessibility needs and rights of students with disabilities.
- Participates with disability outreach and awareness
- Assists in the creation and/or review of office publications,
policies, and procedures.
- Serves on university, division, and departmental committees and
task forces. Keeps updated on research and best practices related
to students with disabilities in higher education. Actively
promotes the principles of diversity, equity, access, and
- Performs other duties as assigned. Additional Information to
Applicants Job Open Date 09/09/2022 Job Close Date (posting closes
at midnight) 10/28/2022 Open Until Filled No Normal Work Days
Normal Work Hours Start 8:00AM Normal Work Hours End 5:00PM Posting
Notices You will be required to electronically attach a resume,
cover letter, and list of references to your application. Legal and
Required Notices Texas State University is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive
thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals
from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share
our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our
diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the
outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal
history, driving records, education records, employment
verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the
use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas
State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University
System. Texas State University is an EOE .
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and
minorities in administrative and professional positions. Why work @
Texas State? --- Amazing health insurance: various coverage options
starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with
Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your
--- Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many
--- Excellent work life balance resources: mother and
family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE
--- Great training and development opportunities: choose from a
variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning
resources, certifications, and employee educational support
--- An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks
offered on and off-campus
--- Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and
voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you'll be a part of one of
the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the
nation. Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Keywords: Texas State University, San Marcos , Associate Director, ODS, Executive , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!