Nuclear Sales Manager
Company: Fluid Components International
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: September 14, 2022
Job DescriptionJoin the world leader in thermal mass flow meter
technology. FCI began in 1964 by pioneering the development and
application of thermal dispersion flow and level sensing
technology. The Company is the world-recognized leading
manufacturer for solving flow and level measurement applications
for industrial process and plant applications using patented
thermal dispersion flow measurement technology. From off-the-shelf
product solutions to custom engineered products and systems, FCI
provides world leading experience and a record of unequalled
innovation to meet or exceed our customer application demands.
Complimenting FCI product leadership is a world class Flow and
Level Calibration Facility in which all calibrations are performed
in liquids or gases utilizing only N.I.S.T. traceable equipment and
instrumentation. Currently, we are seeking a Nuclear Sales Manager
for our Nuclear Sales Department.Position PurposeUnder general
supervision from the Nuclear General Manager, provides high level
support, advice, and technical interpretations to customers
including engineers, buyers, service personnel, sales
representatives, and distributors on the application of company's
technology and capabilities in new products and markets. May be
assigned specific projects related to the development of business
in new market and product opportunities. Coordinates the support of
current installed base through spares, repairs, and field or
customer service. Essential Job Functions (primary duties and
outputs of position)
- Evaluates and responds or delegates incoming inquiries and
correspondence on unique or atypical product applications, provides
uncommon commercial interpretations that exceed the specialized
training of the sales personnel and develops new markets and
- Confers with all levels of the organization including sales,
marketing, engineering, accounting, legal and manufacturing to
compile and synthesize the feasibility and interest of the company
to meet special design, performance or commercial requests and the
schedules of such non-standard work.
- Responsible for developing and securing new business in the
- Responsible for maintaining successful business relationships
- Responsible for steering the nuclear instrument portfolio
consistent with trends in market and consistent with customer
- Communicates directly with customers and field sales personnel
regarding new business and market sales activities.
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policy to develop and
promote sales of new products and services.
- Reviews market data to determine customer needs, volume
potential, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Monitors competitor activities and formulates market response
to competitive obstacles.
- Develops specifications and marketing material in combination
with Marketing, technical and sales team,
Representative/Distributors, and customers.
- Presents forecast and critical project updates to
- Responsible for successful leadership of inside sales, project
management, and project administration.
- Establishes goals and works on development of all direct
- Manages and motivates the sales team in new product, market and
- Directs nuclear sales, project management, and sales
- Follow safe work practices, participate in safety training as
required, and report any unsafe condition or accident.
- Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner
in accordance with established operating procedures and
- Above all, responsible for exemplifying nuclear safety and
- Employees are responsible to understand and support the quality
policy and the appropriate elements of the quality management
system for their areas of work, reduce, eliminate, and prevent
quality deficiencies including escapes.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities
related to product, process, and quality system.
- All employees have the responsibility and authority to identify
quality deficiencies, elevate any concerns for action within or
related to our quality system and processes.Communication
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in
- Maintain effective and constructive working relationships with
others both internally and externally.
- Provides priorities to the manufacturing team based on customer
- Communication in this position is required to be quick,
responsive, concise, decisive, and accurate.Education/Work
- BS/BE in STEM field with 5 or more years continued experience
in STEM field, or
- BA in STEM field with 5 or more years continued experience in
- MBA preferred and experience in a management capacity.
- 5 or more years sales experience required.
- Experience in the process control industry or instrumentation
field is preferred.
- Experience handling US and international sales.
- Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Must be either a US citizen or permanent
- This position requires bending, walking, and standing for long
periods of time.
- 25% travel required, Domestic and International.
- Occasionally, must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. These duties
may be modified or changed at any time at the sole discretion of
management either orally or in writing. The above statements are
not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties, and skills required of this position. All personnel may be
required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
from time to time, as needed.FCI is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are qualified
individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the
right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in
your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your
disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources
Representative.FCI is an ITAR required employer and active
participant of the DHS and SSA E-Verify program. Contract
requirements for ITAR identify US citizen or permanent resident
card "Green Card" holder in the absence of ECCN.COMPANY: FCI is the
leading manufacturer of thermal type process control
instrumentation sold throughout the world. In addition to our home
office, we operate three (3) separate facilities across different
continents to bring our brand of expertise and service to thousands
of global customers. FCI is a privately held organization.
https://www.fluidcomponents.com/COVID-19:As an essential
manufacturer, Fluid Components is proud to offer the following
benefits in response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Free personal protective equipment (PPE) for all on-site
- Additional health screenings and ongoing safety protocols
aligned with CDC guidelines
- Three-day weekends for most rolesPowered by
Keywords: Fluid Components International, San Marcos , Nuclear Sales Manager, Executive , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!