Company: Center for Nonprofit Management
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Join CNM as a member for 2021! Explore our membership benefits
here! Hays Caldwell Women's Center, located in San Marcos, Texas,
is seeking a dynamic, forward-thinking individual to lead our
community based nonprofit organization. The ideal candidate should
be a strong leader who can represent HCWC in a professional manner
with clear communication of the organization's mission. HCWC
MISSION: The purpose of HCWC is to create an environment where
violence and abuse are not tolerated in the communities we serve.
The Center will provide education, violence prevention services and
crisis intervention to victims of family violence, dating violence,
sexual assault and child abuse. Background investigations will be
conducted on all candidate finalists. REPORTS TO: --Board of
Directors Salary range: Commensurate with experience-- Job
Responsibilities GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The executive director
is a professional position charged with implementing the mission of
HCWC. The executive director acts as chief administrator and is
responsible for overall operations of the organization and its
programs. The executive director is responsible for financial
management, personnel supervision, program development, public
relations, volunteer development, and fundraising. The executive
director works in close collaboration with the board of directors
and partner agencies. Background investigations will be conducted
on all candidate finalists. Qualifications REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of domestic violence, sexual assault, dating
violence, and child abuse issues.
- 5 years or more leadership experience in a management position,
including supervision of staff, budget development and financial
- Leadership experience with a supportive, service approach to
managing staff and volunteers.
- Experience with public relations or community relations.
- Experience with administration of government grants for
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience
- Willingness to relocate to, or live in, the service area of
HCWC (Hays or Caldwell Counties). DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in nonprofit administration and working with
- Experience working collaboratively with people from diverse
backgrounds in community based organizations.
- Experience working with an emergency shelter or children's
advocacy center program.
- Experience with fundraising from public and private
- Financial management expertise, including working knowledge of
accounting, finance, and auditing.
- Fluent in Spanish. Additional Information Benefits of Being an
HCWC Employee Health Insurance: HCWC currently contributes $512 per
month toward employee's health insurance costs (employees pay
between $133 and $177 per month depending on plan selected) If the
HDHP is selected, HCWC also deposits $128 into the HSA account each
month HCWC provides a $20,000 Life Insurance coverage Holiday and
Vacation Time: 9 paid holidays (2 personal days, MLK or Presidents'
Day, NY Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving
Day, and Christmas Day) 12 days of sick leave annually (8 hours
each month) 10 days paid vacation in years 1 - 4 15 days paid
vacations years 5 - 9 20 days paid vacation 10 years or more
Employees receiving 20 days paid vacation are eligible to receive
one of their weeks of vacation in pay rather than time when the
budget permits. Receive an additional 8 hours of holiday for
completing a week on back-up phone / hospital response As an
incentive to reward those who attend work regularly and maintain
good health, when funding permits, staff with at least 160 hours of
sick leave at the beginning of a fiscal year will receive a bonus
of $100 and an additional $1 for each hour over 160 up to 800 hours
of sick leave. Burnout Prevention : After 5 years of employment,
eligible employees are able to combine accumulated leave time
(sick, vacation, flex, holiday, etc.) and take off a full month
(once every 5 years). Up to 3 days of leave may be granted for
death in the immediate family. Parental leave may be allowed for
the birth or adoption of a child.
- Parental leave is accrued at the rate of one half day of paid
leave per month of full-time employment. No leave will be allowed
for terminating employees.
- If months of employment have previously been used to determine
parental leave, they may be used at half value for subsequent
births or adoptions.
- Up to twelve weeks of leave (combined parental leave and other
accrued leave time) may be taken if leave time is available.--
Longevity Pay Increases: After 2 years of employment at HCWC, staff
get a bump in salary.
- $2000 for licensed staff (LMFT, LPC, LPC-I, LMSW, licensed CPA,
- $1200 for non-licensed staff. Back-Up / Hospital Response:
Staff entering their 15th year of employment at HCWC can choose to
no longer be in the Hospital Response / Back-up Phone Rotation.
Student Loan Forgiveness: The Director of Operations is more than
willing to fill out and sign documentation verifying your
employment if you are applying to have your student loan debt
forgiven. Retirement Plan: HCWC matches up to a 3% contribution
toward retirement plan (Simple IRA) for eligible employees. HCWC
employees can elect to enroll in the Simple IRA plan any time after
January 1st following: NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Sign up today and get the latest news, and exclusive newsletter
Keywords: Center for Nonprofit Management, San Marcos , EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, Executive , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!