Company: University of St. Augustine
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Medical Director, MPA Apply Job ID 440 Location : Austin, TX, US
Date Updated 12/22/2020 The mission of The University of St.
Augustine for Health Sciences is the development of professional
health care practitioners through innovation, individualized, and
quality classroom, clinical, and distance education.
GENERAL SUMMARY: University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (MSPAS) Program is
seeking a Medical Director who understands the PA's role in
Medicine and is interested in the importance of PA education.The
Medical Director shall be an exemplary, highly ethical, forward
thinking, collaborative, and dynamic leader in medicine. The
Medical Director will help lead the program in developing superior
clinical sites and will be involved in program and curriculum
development. USAHS is seeking someone who can assist the program on
a weekly basis for up to 10 hours a week, though hours may vary on
a week by week basis.The Medical Director supports the Program
Director in all aspects of the program curriculum in both didactic
instruction and supervised clinical experiences to assure the
program meets current practice standards as they relate to the role
of the physician assistant in healthcare. The Medical Director
serves as a liaison and ambassador for the PA program working
closely with all faculty and staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities
- Assist development and retention of clinical sites.
- Participate in evaluating student performance.
- Assist in the development of the program's mission and
- Assist in student admissions process
- Provide instruction in area of expertise (board specialty)
- Participate in the preparation of ARC-PA accreditation
provisional and maintenance of ongoing accreditation
- Maintain active board certification and state licensure in
California. OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: May perform other
duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from
time to time.
- Other tasks/responsibilities as directed by the Program
Director and/or Dean, Post-professional studies.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, including an
ability to promote the program and advocate for it to the external
- Ability to mentor clinical preceptors in their educational role
for the PA program. TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- As required locally for fulfillment of essential duties and
responsibilities POSITION IN ORGANIZATION: REPORTS TO: Program
Director POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None PROBLEM SOLVING:
- Moderate based on student interactions and programmatic work
scenarios TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED: To
perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on
performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as clinically active
- Microsoft software general knowledge and use
- Computer or laptop usage LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION:
- M.D or DO, with active Board certification and state licensure
in the United States BUSINESS COMPETENCIES: To perform the job
successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working
collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when
facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization
to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and
delivering customer-centric solutions.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal
opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of age, race,
religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national
- Director, Alumni Relations Irving, Texas; Miami, Florida;
Austin, Texas; St. Augustine, Florida; San Marcos, California;
Dallas, Texas 10/15/2020 Dr. Jose Rafols Finds Peace with Unique
Hobby: Sub-Tropical Fruit Farming It has been commonly reported by
scholars and experts that there are both mental and physical
benefits for people who enjoy a hobby outside of their primary
professional roles. This year, the University of St. Augustine for
Health Sciences (USAHS) is celebrating 40 years of educating
clinical professionals and improving healthcare by preparing
graduates to be leaders in their fields. Areas of Interest Search
for a category and select one from the list of suggestions. Select
a location from the list of options. Finally, click "Add" to create
your job alert. Category Location
- Academic Management, Austin, Texas, United States Remove Upload
Resume By submitting your information, you acknowledge that you
communication from the University of St. Augustine for Health
Sciences. To access the electronic
version of the Annual
click here. Miami, FL Campus North Tower Suite 149 Coral Gables, FL
33134 St. Augustine, FL Campus 1 University Boulevard St.
Augustine, FL 32086 700 Windy Point Drive Austin, TX Campus Austin,
TX 78739 5010 Riverside Drive Suite 120 Irving, TX 75039 General
Inquiries: (904) 826-0084 Media Inquiries: (760) 410-5306 Fax:
(904) 826-0085 Registrations: (800) 241-1027 Human Resources:
email@example.com The University of St. Augustine
for Health Sciences is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. EOE.
Keywords: University of St. Augustine, San Marcos , Medical Director, Executive , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!