*NEW* Founding Program Director for Physician Assistant Studies
Company: Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: September 4, 2020
Academic/Faculty/Research opening in San Marcos, California.
This and other physician assistant jobs brought to you by
At the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USAHS), we
are committed to the development of professional health care
practitioners through innovative, individualized, and quality
classroom, clinical, and distance education. Founded in 1979, the
institution has a far-reaching presence through distance/online
education and campuses located in San Marcos, California; St.
Augustine, Florida; Austin, Texas; Dallas, Texas; and Miami,
As a Founding Program Director for Physician Assistant Studies, you
help to create the energy and excitement about our new program.
"Clinical Excellence" is our sacred mantra and every day is an
opportunity for you to live the mission of developing professional
health care practitioners through innovative, individualized, and
quality teaching methods. Together with the support of fellow
clinical experts, USAHS is dedicated to delivering a top-notch
education to our students.
The PositionEssential Duties and Responsibilities:Reporting to the
Dean of the College of Health Sciences, the Program Director will
assist in planning, development, and implementation of the Master
of Science in Physician Assistant Studies program. In collaboration
with the Dean and faculty, the Program Director assures delivery of
the curriculum in a manner that meets program goals, learning
outcomes, consistency, and institutional expectations.
- Primary responsibility and accountability for Physician
Assistant program organization, administration, fiscal
management/budget, on-going review and analysis, planning,
curriculum development and accreditation requirements.
- Works with the accreditation team and leads programmatic
accreditation to assure all standards are met and reports are
- Works closely with the Dean and other Program Directors and/or
faculty on revisions of program policies, admissions, academic
progress, and graduation competencies.
- Directly accountable for the strategic plan initiatives
concerning the program, as well integrating with other departments
and programs to resolve student and faculty issues and promote
assessment of educational effectiveness.
- Serves as an important conduit connecting the program with
other University departments, communicating information and
contributing to the growth and improvement of the institution.
- Working in collaboration with other departments, the Program
Director will assist in the planning and implementation of
associated clinical education resources, per accreditation
- Responsible for performing all duties and responsibilities
aligned with the ARC-PA standard A2.06-A2.10 and will be assessed
on an annual basis according to these guidelines.Other Duties and
Responsibilities: May perform other duties and responsibilities
that management may deem necessary from time to time, to include:
- Works with instructional design team to lead course development
process, including hiring appropriate subject matter experts.
- Collaborates with Clinical Education department to assure
quality clinical experiences for students.
- Leads curriculum development and improvement efforts in concert
with other disciplines as needed.
- Serves on identified committees and councils.
- Completes scholarship, service, and clinical work as identified
in professional development plan
- Participates in student recruiting efforts.
- Works closely with enrollment and admission departments to meet
projected enrollment goals.The CandidateEducation/Experience:
- The successful candidate must possess a Master's degree in
Physician Assistant Studies or a related field; candidates with a
Doctorate are highly preferred.
- Experience teaching in the field of Physician Assistant
- Demonstrated experience as a chairperson or program director of
an ARC-PA accredited program in Physician Assistant Studies
- Current clinical certification as a Physician Assistant.
- Must be licensure eligible in California, and other states as
needed.Take advantage of year-round moderate climate and access to
a range of west coast adventures. At the University of St.
Augustine for Health Sciences San Marcos, CA campus, you will
engage in hands-on, innovative learning practice in a central
California setting. If you're ready to join a dynamic team of
experienced professionals collaborating on a coast-to-coast and
international level, your journey starts with USAHS.Application
For confidential consideration, those interested can contact KBIC
Healthcare Executive Consultant, Mark Foutz, directly at or send an
updated CV to
Kaye/Bassman has been retained to provide executive search services
for the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences. The
University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal
opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or
employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by federal,
state, or local law. Keyphrases: medical faculty jobs, medical
research jobs, biostatistics faculty jobs
Keywords: Kaye/Bassman International Corp., San Marcos , *NEW* Founding Program Director for Physician Assistant Studies, Executive , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!