Principal - High School
Company: San Marcos Consolidated Independent School Distric
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Applications will be accepted beginning
Thursday, July 28, 2022 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time) Do you know someone who should apply for
this job? Send this job posting to him or her! We'll send an email
and include the job details and a link to this posting.JOB
TITLE:High School PrincipalWAGE/HOUR STATUS: ExemptREPORTS
TO:Executive Director of School LeadershipDEPT./SCHOOL:Campus
AssignedDATE REVISED: December 2021PRIMARY PURPOSE:Direct and
manage the instructional program and supervise operations at the
campus level. Provide instructional leadership to ensure high
standards of instructional service. Direct the implementation of
district policies at the campus level, and manage the operation of
(Educational Administration preferred)Texas mid-management or other
appropriate Texas certificateCertified teacher appraiserSpecial
Knowledge/Skills:Working knowledge of curriculum and
instructionAbility to evaluate instructional program and teaching
effectivenessStrong communications, public relations, and
interpersonal skillsStrong focus on improvement of student academic
performanceAbility to promote a safe and orderly learning
environmentThree years experience as a classroom teacherThree years
experience in instructional leadershipMAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND
- Monitor instructional and managerial processes to ensure that
program activities are related to program outcomes and use these
findings for corrective action and improvement, as well as for
recognition of success.
- Work with staff to plan, implement, and evaluate the curriculum
on a systematic basis; include students and community
representatives (when appropriate).
- Provide instructional resources and materials to support
teaching staff in accomplishing instructional goals.
- Foster collegiality and team building among staff; encourage
their active involvement in the decision process.
- Provide for two-way communication with superintendent, staff,
students, parents, and community.
- Communicate and promote expectation for high level performance
from staff and students; recognize excellence and achievement.
- Facilitate effective and timely resolution of conflicts.
- Determine and build a common vision with staff for school
improvement; direct planning activities and implement program
collaboratively with staff to ensure attainment of school's
- Identify, analyze and apply research findings (e.g. effective
school correlates) to facilitate school improvement.
- Develop, with the assistance of the site-based decision-making
committee, annual campus performance objectives for each of the
Academic Excellence Indicators.
- Develop, maintain, and use appropriate information systems and
records necessary for attainment of campus performance objectives
addressing each Academic Excellence Indicator.
- Direct and manage extracurricular and intramural programs.
- Interview, select and orient new staff and approve assignment
of campus personnel.
- Define expectations for staff performance regarding
instructional strategies, classroom management and communication
with the public.
- Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct
evaluation conferences with all staff.
- Make recommendations relative to personnel placement, transfer,
retention, promotion, non-renewal, and dismissal.
- Confer with subordinates regarding their professional growth;
work jointly with them to develop and accomplish improvement
- Involve campus staff in the planning of staff development
- Comply with district policies, as well as state and federal
laws and regulations affecting the schools.
- Regular attendance; must be willing and able to report to work
at designated site on a regular daily basis according to
established work schedule.
- Develop, implement, manage and monitor grants appropriate to
- Develop budgets based upon documented program needs, estimated
enrollment, personnel and other fiscal needs; implement programs
within budget limits; maintain fiscal control; accurately report
fiscal information, including management of actual funds.
- Manage the use of school facilities; supervise maintenance of
facilities to ensure a clean, orderly and safe campus.
- Work with faculty and encourage student input to develop a
student management system that results in positive student behavior
and enhances the school climate.
- Ensure that school rules are uniformly observed and that
student discipline is appropriate and equitable.
- Conduct conferences with parents, students, and teachers
concerning school and student issues.
- Use information and insights provided thorough assessment
instruments, the district appraisal process, and evaluative
feedback from line supervisors and professional development
programs to improve performance.
- Provide leadership in addressing challenges facing the
profession; pursue professional development activities; disseminate
ideas and information to other professionals.
- Observe professional ethical standards in accordance with
generally accepted community standards and the code of ethics.
- Articulate the school's mission to the community and solicit
its support in realizing the mission.
- Demonstrate awareness of school/community needs and initiate
activities to meet those identified needs.
- Use appropriate and effective techniques for community and
- Serve as or appoint a person to serve as deputy registrar for
the county (high school principal only).
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the
superintendent.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:Supervise and evaluate
the performance of assistant principal(s), teachers, counselor(s),
librarian(s) and support staff.WORKING CONDITIONS:Mental
Demands:Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written);
interpret policy, procedures, and data; coordinate campus
functions; maintain emotional control under stress.Physical
Demands/Environmental Factors:Occasional district and statewide
travel; frequent prolonged and irregular hours; prolonged sitting,
standing and walking; work inside and outside.School district
employees may be required to work from home and use their personal
electronic devices.The foregoing statements describe the general
purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that
may be required.
Keywords: San Marcos Consolidated Independent School Distric, San Marcos , Principal - High School, Education / Teaching , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!