Financial Aid Advisor
Company: University of St. Augustine
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: September 22, 2022
The mission of The University of St. Augustine for Health
Sciences is the development of professional health care
practitioners through innovation, individualized, and quality
classroom, clinical, and distance education.
The University's financial aid advisor position is responsible for
all aspects of the student financing process. The individual will
counsel students and their families on financial matters relating
to the cost of attending the university; counsel on payment options
to include federal, state, private, veterans' education benefits,
military tuition assistance, payment plans and institution aid.
This position requires the individual to provide a high level of
customer service by working closely with admissions, enrollment,
financial aid, and finance groups to ensure that prospective and
continuing students/families have a complete and comprehensive
understanding of the institution, cost of attending the university
and how to pay for their education.
This position is located in San Marcos, California.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Counsel students/families on available funding options in
accordance to their need's assessments
- Provide a generic overview of financial aid programs available
to qualifying students
- Provide a thorough overview of financial aid and veterans'
education benefits and military tuition assistance as necessary or
refer the student/family to the proper subject matter expert
- Serve as a School Certifying Official for veterans' education
benefits, including completion of required training
- Advise students/families on how to best locate information
necessary to complete financial paperwork successfully and to meet
- Guide students/families through financial aid paperwork to
- Counsel students on all matters related to financing their
education as it relates to enrollment, satisfactory academic
progress, leave of absences, etc., so that students maintain their
- Communicate with applicants/students/families via emails,
- Direct students/families to proper offices for information when
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the university as it
relates to admissions, academic advising, registrar, financial aid,
and enrollment so that students/families are directed to subject
matter experts as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may
deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO: Director, Financial Aid
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Not applicable
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on
performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required and 3-5
years current experience working in a progressive financial aid
office or similar offices.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are a must.
- Openet, Powerfaids, NSLDS, and Datatel/Colleague experience a
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully resolve student issues from request to
resolution ensuring a positive student experience.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others
to meet shared objectives.
- Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult
- Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty,
integrity, and authenticity.
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough
- Creating new and better ways for the organization to be
- Building strong customer relationships and delivering
customer-centric solutions. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but
may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves
operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours
daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional
office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other
physical functions as necessary.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal
opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of age, race,
religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national
Keywords: University of St. Augustine, San Marcos , Financial Aid Advisor, Accounting, Auditing , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!