Senior Credit/Collections Coordinator
Company: Fluid Components International
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: January 5, 2022
SENIOR CREDIT/COLLECTIONS COORDINATOR
Join the world leader in thermal mass flow meter technology. FCI
began in 1964 by pioneering the development and application of
thermal dispersion flow and level sensing technology. The Company
is the world-recognized leading manufacturer for solving flow and
level measurement applications for industrial process and plant
applications using patented thermal dispersion flow measurement
Currently, we are seeking a Senior Credit/Collections Coordinator
to join our Accounting team.
Under general supervision of the General Accounting Supervisor, the
Senior Credit/Collections Coordinator is responsible for analyzing
and granting credit, and collecting aged receivables in a
manufacturing environment that ships both standard and custom
orders, that may also include special terms, special documentation
and other special requirements.
If this sounds interesting to you . . . KEEP READING IF :
You are inspired by the challenge of your duties and understand
success will come through collaboration with the Sales and Order
Entry teams to resolve discrepancies and solve problems.
You embrace new ideas; are adaptive, resourceful, self- aware and
quick to admit and learn from mistakes.
You are open to learning new methods and adopting new approaches
while not being trapped by past inefficient processes or
You are positive and able to contribute to a similar culture and
environment even under stressful times.
You listen and communicate with integrity, respect and
understanding of others to reach a workable agreement.
You say what you will do, do what you say and strive to do it right
the first time.
Functional Areas Of Responsibilities
- Evaluates credit reports and trade references and other data to
determine the credit worthiness of customers, but also needs to be
able to recommend alternatives (e.g., joint check agreement,
guarantees, letters of credit, cash in advance) when open account
payment terms cannot be granted.
- Collects aged receivables.
- Following established guidelines, performs all communication to
follow-up on and collect past-due accounts.
- Performs research, and collects and analyzes information, to
understand if there are errors that require correction and/or
obstacles to payment and possible resolution alternatives.
- Reviews documents for acceptability, also communicating
necessary changes to customers for transactions covered by letter
of credit, and prepares documentation for presentation of documents
to the bank for payment after an order has shipped.
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in
- Maintain effective and constructive working relationships with
others both internally and externally.
- Establish effective communication formats, including on-line
dash boards and reports
- Follow safe work practices, participate in safety training as
required, and report any unsafe condition or accident.
- Understand and support the quality policy and the appropriate
elements of the quality management system for their areas of work,
reduce, eliminate, and prevent quality deficiencies including
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities
related to product, process, and quality system.
- Take responsibility for and authority to identify quality
deficiencies, elevate any concerns for action within or related to
our quality system and processes.
YOUR FIRST YEAR MAY LOOK LIKE THIS:
Within the first 3 months:
- Good understanding of the Companys databases, the SYTELINE
application software and the Credit & Collection Policy &
- Effective working relationships within and outside the
Within first 6 months:
- Good understanding of customers accounts, and their issues and
- Adherence to Credit & Collection Policy & Procedures.
Within 12 months:
- Adherence to Collection Performance Goals, including DSO less
than 60 days, % Receivables over 90 days past due less than 5%, and
average daily number of collection calls greater than 35.
Education & Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum of three years of experience as a Bookkeeper or Senior
Accounts Receivable Clerk, and three years of credit and
- Two-year accounting degree is preferred but not required.
- Must be very organized, thorough, careful, conscientious and
able to work independently.
- Must be able to perform all of his/her own research, so must
have a sufficient amount of accounting experience to untangle
transactions associated with payment disputes, also must have a
strong attention to detail, and the ability to routinely take the
initiative to resolve disagreements and correct errors.
- Must be able to read and understand sales, shipping, and
- Needs strong attention to detail, especially in the area of
reconciliation of invoices to open A/R.
- A manufacturing background, with international experience
preferable, but not required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently required to sit and use the computer system
for extended periods of time. Limited bending, walking, standing,
lifting is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The information contained in the job description is for
compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is
not an exhaustive list of duties performed by this position.
Additional duties may be assigned by the Supervisor or his/her
These duties may be modified or changed at any time at the sole
discretion of management either orally or in writing. The above
statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All
personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal
responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
FCI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local
law. If you are qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if
you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our
career center as a result of your disability. To request an
accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative.
FCI is an ITAR required employer and active participant of the DHS
and SSA E-Verify program. Contract requirements for ITAR identify
US citizen or permanent resident card 'Green Card' holder in the
absence of ECCN.
COMPANY: FCI is the leading manufacturer of thermal type process
control instrumentation sold throughout the world. In addition to
our home office, we operate three (3) separate facilities across
different continents to bring our brand of expertise and service to
thousands of global customers. FCI is a privately held
As an essential manufacturer, Fluid Components is proud to offer
the following benefits in response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Free personal protective equipment (PPE) for all on-site
- Additional health screenings and ongoing safety protocols
aligned with CDC guidelines
- Three-day weekends for most roles
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Fluid Components International, San Marcos , Senior Credit/Collections Coordinator, Accounting, Auditing , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!